Path's Build for Rupnow's Hit Miss Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its definitely a DNS issue, I'm affected as well. If I do a whois on the domain name phutcheson.net it returns name-servers ...

NS5.ULTRAWHB.COM and
NS6.ULTRAWHB.COM

Neither of these servers are ping-able or are responding to DNS queries. Some googling of both those name-servers returns alternate name-servers of
ns100.whbdns.com, and ns101.whbdns.com, if I use these to look up www.phutcheson.net it resolves and I can see the pictures.

Regards.

Steve.

Now it is 8:52 A.M., about 1/2 hour since I last posted and now I can see the pictures again. What on earth is going on????

Brian,

No ... did nothing at this end. The only thing I can think of is maybe the site went down for a while.

This issue has not re-occurred since the last time (March 2013) unless no one is reporting the problem.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try to find out if the site went down or what the problem is.

Steve,

Can you PM me about your findings? I have no idea about the DNS issue nor the site names that you came up with. :confused:

Thanks,

Anyone else having a problem?

Pat H.

Time for another update...:)

Rupnow%20Hit%20Miss%20Engine_1095.jpg

Here is what the assembly looks like so far. For some reason I didn't take any pictures of the Cylinder Head. I guess I just got too busy with it. If anyone would like to see more of it I can take a few and post them. I had 4 separate CnC programs to carve this little guy out.

Rupnow%20Hit%20Miss%20Engine_1096.jpg

Getting ready to cut the Water Jacket from this stock of Aluminum.

Rupnow%20Hit%20Miss%20Engine_1098.jpg

This view is the front, also had a program for the back, top and curve bottom.

Rupnow%20Hit%20Miss%20Engine_1100.jpg

This is the top surface ... cutting out water pocket, that's a 4" 2 flute EM doing all the work. Cuts nice without chatter, with the correct Feeds and Speeds of course.:p

Rupnow%20Hit%20Miss%20Engine_1101.jpg

Action shot.

The next few items will be the valve cage (might as well press those in), cylinder (that's going to be an interesting fit), water jacket retainer (should be simple). Beyond that I'll have to wait and see what develops.

So I'm along a little faster and hope to get more done this week and next.

Please if can't see these pictures let me know!:cool:

Enjoy,

Pat H

Don't know what's going on. I see them on this computer but not the another one. I don't see any on the other one and there is no indication that they are missing. Just a white few line of white space.

Can't work on it now will try later.
:wall::wall:

Pat H.

I tried to log on using the laptop ... my site would not come up.:mad:

At about 5 minutes ago my other (older desk top) started showing the pictures. Retried my lap top .. now getting website.:D

Well it appears that my web site is back up.:D

I guess its time to call my provider and see what's going on.:eek:

Try again Brian ...;)

Pat H

I cannot see the pictures nor access your website.

weez,

I can't get on my website either :eek::eek: ... will try again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reporting it. :)

Pat H

Update time ... :eek::eek:

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1102.jpg

The cylinder getting the notches cut out to give the screw threads a little more room. It's made from SS316 which cuts very nice on the lathe ... it still needs a little more honing, but other than that ... it's ready to go.

Water Jacket retainer mounting holes ... once the turning on the lathe is done it's a simple matter to mill the holes for the mounting screws.

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1108.jpg

Here is a lousy :wall: picture of pressing the Valve Cage into the Cylinder Head, using a brass button to protect the edge.

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1223.jpg

This photo is the same only much better Thm:(staged photo) ... but in focus.:)

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1232.jpg

Assembled pieces

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1233.jpg

Close up of Cylinder installed in Water Jacket.

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1235.jpg

Water Jacket and Retainer Ring plus the Cylinder ... nice fit.

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1204.jpg

Start of Con rod ....

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1208.jpg

Touching off the z axis ready to mill

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1212.jpg

Finished top side ...

Rupnow Hit Miss Engine_1238.jpg

Installed bearing (slip fit, will probably use a drop of Loctite when ready)
Still need to flip over and mill the bottom side. To do that I need to make some soft jaws to hold it. Not hard just need to do it.

That's it for now ... haven't decided which part to do next, maybe the piston.

Pat H.

Reactions: gus
Thanks Brian :) ... also thanks for providing all those drawings!:p

Hang in there as I'm sure I will have lots of questions when I start assembling her together. ;)

Pat H

Its definitely a DNS issue, I'm affected as well. If I do a whois on the domain name phutcheson.net it returns name-servers ...

NS5.ULTRAWHB.COM and
NS6.ULTRAWHB.COM

Neither of these servers are ping-able or are responding to DNS queries. Some googling of both those name-servers returns alternate name-servers of
ns100.whbdns.com, and ns101.whbdns.com, if I use these to look up www.phutcheson.net it resolves and I can see the pictures.

Regards.

Steve.

Brian,

Again thanks for the notice ...:)

Saturday I changed the DNS to the correct name servers as Steve said.

This should take care of the issue ... so give it another look.:p

Pat H

Brain ... thanks. :)

creast: The cnc I'm using is a Haas Tm-2p. It's a 3 axes, but I have the wiring for a 4th if ever needed. That makes it a plug and play so all I need is the rotary. Yes, the coolant does shoot out and makes a mess (inside :D) but it does a lot for the cooling the tools and removing the chips from the cutter... also gives it a nice finish. :)
I got it about 3 years ago and still learning how to use it. I used to write my own coded but the projects were too complicated and took too long to complete so now I use Solidworks and Camsworks to get the jobs done.

I hope to get back to H & M this week and will post more pictures. :cool:

Later,

Pat H

Pat--Are you still plugging away at the Rupnow Engine? We haven't heard from you in ages. Cogsy from Australia just posted last week, and he has his engine running, and is working on the hit and miss mechanism now.----Brian

Brian

Sorry to say that I haven't been able to get back to your engine yet.:mad:
There has been a steady steam of jobs that I have been working on that takes all of my time. Which is good. :)
Looking ahead, I expect a slow down in the next week or so then
I will get back to it ... as it is a fun project.

Also good to hear that Cogsy engine is running, I'll check his post.

Thanks for the followup.

Pat

Back