Co2 powered V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was asked to post some photos of the micro V8. I'll see if i can figure this out.

DSCN1292s.JPG

DSCN0967.JPG

DSCN1021.JPG

DSCN1028.JPG

Very nice Steve. Thanks for posting the pictures and welcome to the forum.

Bill

Awesome! Do you have a vid?

Steve

Very nice engine. Has nice sound to it when running. Now you just need a little Hot rod to put it in!

cheers

Don

FYI ALERT !!

Steve's CO2 engine is on the cover of the latest Model Engine Builder magazine, issue #17 along with a build article starting on page 28.

Congrats again Steve !! :bow: :bow:

Mike

Steve,

I will be running my engine(s) (if I ever complete any) using CO2. Can you tell me how you set up the pressure regulation from your source?

I have a 20# tank with a regulator that is normally set at about 100psi. I am assuming that I would use a ball valve to control/reduce the pressure along with a gauge to measure the output, and then a barb end to connect the air hose to plastic tubing.

Very nice job Steve

do u have some plans for this engine???

gratz

Wow!
Guess I know what I'm going to build next. I'm a Ford kinda guy so mine will be blue tho
Love the sound; sounds like it has a mild cam in it. Could easily see this in a mini '67 Camaro. :D
Great job Steve!

Mark

two dogs said:
Wow!
Guess I know what I'm going to build next. I'm a Ford kinda guy so mine will be blue tho
Love the sound; sounds like it has a mild cam in it. Could easily see this in a mini '67 Camaro. :D
Great job Steve!

Mark

The intake manifold has a symetrical bolt pattern so you can turn it around and get the distributor up in front.

Just got the chance to watch the video

Holy )#&(*%@_ batman!

Thats AWESOME!.....sounds like a late 60's SS smallblock to me!

If I live long enough, I will build that!
::)
Dave

Doooooh!

Ok that hurt!!!!

...Goodluck at the show...I bet you win!

Dave

steamer said:
Doooooh!

Ok that hurt!!!!

...Goodluck at the show...I bet you win!

Dave

I have been there with the cam. I also made my crankshaft 3 times. I have 2 crankshafts that look like horseshoes for sale.

Thanks. With the addition of the stand, we are hoping for a top 3 spot. Then you get there and see all the other work that is also very worthy.

Fingers crossed

Steve

No worries....wouldn't be my first part to tour the shop via the air...probably won't be the last! :big:

Dave

Latest posts

Back