CLY SHAY PLANS

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bostondan

Reaction score
I am looking for plans to buid a Cly Shay 1-1/2 scale. I heard that Live Steam had plans years ago. I saw one running about 10 years ago and would love to build one. I like the idea of a vertical boiler.

many of those series were reproduced as books, check out their web page or watch ebay if they're out of print

You're probably thinking of Bob Maynard's design which started, I think, in the 11/77 issue of "Live Steam".

Also consider Kozo Hiraoka's excellent construction books on various types of geared locomotives. They were published by Village Press, the publishers of "Live Steam" magazine. May be out of print now but Amazon may have copies.

Google is your friend. Search on some of the keywords above and you ought to be able to find something.

All of Kozo's books are available from Village Press. See their ad in Live Steam magazine.

Their online bookstore doesn't seem to work (don't think it has in a while ?)

http://www.livesteam.net/store/

Also look on Amazon, eBay and the other usual places. I just picked up 5 more Village Press books, including Kozo's "Building the New Shay" at Caboose Hobbies store in Denver while I was out there for work last month.

Yes, Marv is right, Kozo's books are real gems on construction tips/techniques ! :)

Mike

Latest posts

Back