BMW R7 Motorcycle Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More cylinders

Cylinder 3.JPG

Cylinder 4.JPG

Very nice project. Beautiful work and an interesting engine to model. Thanks for taking us along on the ride.

Chuck

Now another interesting part
The cylinder head ...

Original1.jpg

Cylinder Head 1.JPG

Cylinder Head 2.JPG

Cylinder Head 3.JPG

German your are making a wonderful work! I would like seeing some pics of your CNC mill. I am jealous. ¡Bien hecho!.

ToniTD1490

After some very intensive days of off road travel, with 2200 km. around the Uyuni Salar, who is the biggest salt flat in the world, located in Bolivia. This salt flat has 12.000 Km2, 160 km. length and 3650 meters of altitude.

Road.jpg

GB.jpg

Salar.jpg

Now I will continue with my engine show.
Cylinder and head together

Original 1.jpg

Head and cylinder 1.JPG

Original 2.jpg

Head and cylinder 2.JPG

gbravo said:
After some very intensive days of off road travel, with 2200 km. around the Uyuni Salar, who is the biggest salt flat in the world, located in Bolivia. This salt flat has 12.000 Km2, 160 km. length and 3650 meters of altitude.

This looks very interesting. Please tell us more about your adventures on the salt flat. I am sure many MadModder's would be interested to learn more.

I love the work that you are doing on the engine. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

I am very enthusiastic in off road trips and fortunately in my country we have many places for motorbike travels in dessert, mountains or very green places.

This trip began in dessert in the north of Chile, then we up to the high plain in Bolivia, where the Andes are widest and extensive with a high plateau over 3500 meters, in some places exceed 4000 meters. In this condition with low temperatures deficit of oxygen you need to be very careful because any effort is very heavy.

After ride over bad roads with strong winds and sand wind, you arrive in the sunset to very comfortable hotel in the border of the salt flat. This Hotel is built completely in salt, inclusively the beds and sits are made in salt with comfortable cushions over it.

The Uyuni salar is very intensive and beautiful with low temperatures, high altitudes and in this opportunity the salt flat was covered in big extensions with about 50 mm (2 inches) of water, besides his impressive extension where you don’t see his limits.

Uyuni1.jpg

Uyuni2.jpg

Uyuni3.jpg

Uyuni4.jpg

gbravo

Thank you so much for telling us about your ride and the pictures of the hotel made from salt. That is the beauty of these forums, you get to learn about other peoples lives and pastimes as well as learn about their country. I would imagine that upon arriving back home a good wash down to remove salt would be one of the first priorities. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Really, we wash the bikes when exit the salt flat, before return to dirt road.
In this picture you can see the engine before wash.
German

Salt.jpg

Beautiful work gbravo!!

Latest posts

Back