Blower for The Demon V8

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks really great. When all is done,you have to make a movie with & without the blower for looking how the perfomance change.
Is that possible??

It looks really great. When all is done,you have to make a movie with & without the blower for looking how the perfomance change.
Is that possible??

I could run them side by side i guess. I already have one running on the carb.

Done6.jpg~original

I have started on the linkage for the carbs. 2 small brackets, a shaft, and a couple of retainers to maintain position of the rod. This rod will rotate to open and close the carbs.

DSCN0831s.jpg~original

When you cad this stuff up it's real easy to loose track of just how small the parts can get. On the computer you can just zoom in a little more. Cant do that in the garage.

DSCN0836s.jpg~original

When you cad this stuff up it's real easy to loose track of just how small the parts can get. On the computer you can just zoom in a little more. Cant do that in the garage.
Especially as the eyes get older. :)
McMaster has rod ends down to 6-32 size. Sometimes I keep one on the desk and import the cad file from them to check sizings. Still, there has been plenty of parts I have drawn and end up saying "how the heck am I supposed to hold that to cut it"?
That blower is looking sweet!

Dubro model airplane stuff at those sizes. I am deathly afraid of taps that small.

Tried just motoring the blower yet?

If you mean, did I remove the gear and chuck the shaft in a drill motor and let'er rip, well that would be childish don't you think?

Of course i did! I didn't do it for very long and never tried to plug the bottom because I was getting some touching of the lobes. I still need to figure out a way to get the rotors indexed but of course I have a plan. Haven't had much time this week. Getting ready to show at the Maker Faire this weekend.

Latest posts

Back