Birk BBQ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kactiguy

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I put up a post about casting aluminum with Birk (oldmechthings). Well, he fired up the furnace once again, but for a totally different purpose. Birk heard that one of my 5 year old sons "fun" ideas for summer was to have the whole family visit Birk. Sounds fun to me. So, Birk thought he would invite us over for a little BBQ. He told Max, my son, that he could cook them on the furnace. Max was thrilled and said we could cast stuff and cook hot dogs at the same time. Here are some photos of the fun. The forge was a little hot at first. The dogs were cooking fast-- almost like putting them into a jet engine, but he dialed back the heat and it worked great. If you're looking for a new use for your furnace, I highly recomend it. Maybe next time we'll do rotisserie chicken on the lathe. ;D
IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3501.jpg

Looks like fun for all. Nice looking family picture there. Hope the food tasted as good as it looks. :D

A "rotisserie chicken" on the lathe. What an innovative idea. :big:

Bernd

Great fun for all from the looks of it 8)

How about curly fries by turning a potato in the lathe ::) ................ OK, In know they might be a bit thin :D ;)

CC

That is great! Nothing better than sharing some good times with friends. ;)

Smiles all around!

Nice job that. We should have the HMEM conclave 2009 summer BBQ!

Eric

Looks like everyone was having to much fun:eek:) I'm sure Max will never forget that day. On that rotisserie chicken done on the lathe. Make sure you have it in back gear. Don't want chicken flying all over the shop:eek:)

Wes

Back