My NAMES was awesome! How was yours?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevehuckss396

Model Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well another NAMES show in the can. Both days were busy as heck. The time flew by. The table was packed with people all day it seemed like. I had a million questions to answer about the V8 and the Peewee as usual but the thing that most people seemed to have an interest in was the compressor engine. That thing was a huge hit.

I saw Lakc and Art K, RonGinger, PTSideshow, and many other HMEMers. It was good to see alot of you again and good to meet you Art!

Saturday was alot of fun. Rick was doing his seminar on how to build a furnace out of a 5 gallon bucket. After about an hour he sent down a note with my wife to get the pattern rammed up so he could pour some blower housings. I cleared a spot behind my table and Don started to prepare the mold right there on the floor. Don is 60ish years old, it was a beautiful thing. He gets the sand all rammed up and decides the sprue is too small so he summons someone to bring him a 12 inch piece of 1" thin walled tubing. He starts to push the tubing through the sand to increase the size of the hole and blows the sand right out of box. Now were cooking. That mess gets fixed and we are finally ready to go. About 3 oclock we all moved outside and about 75 people watched me pour the petrobond pattern and a real cool lost foam pattern that looked like deer antlers. Both castings looked pretty good. I tended to the furnace and did the actual pour while Rick was talking about how to do the pouring, informing the crowd what I was doing and talking about the safe ways to go about this stuff. That was the highlight of the day.

Sunday was a little more layed back. The crowd was not as heavy but it was steady all day. I don't know about attendance but it seemed to be up from last year. Again the day just seemed to fly by. There were lots of people right up to the end. The show ended at 4:00 and I did'nt start packing up until 3:45.

All told, I had a blast!

Back