Another Oscillator

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Reaction score
Hi to all. Quite some time ago I posted my C_Thru Oscillator . It runs pretty good for a single acting engine, I wanted to make one to run on an aquarium pump. Double acting seemed to be the way to go. I also used Enco radial ball bearings for the crank and some brass sleeves on the cylinder pivot. Big improvement. I started to build two of these engines in November, planning to have one for a Christmas gift, and one to keep. Ya right. Here's a pic I took today April 6, of the mostly completed parts of one engine. It's got 1/2" bore and 3/4" stroke. The mains shafts are 3/16 drill rod, the hex head brass bolts are 2-56 purchased at hobby store, the rest is all home made, mostly 6-32 threads. the connecting rod is 3/32" drill rod, threaded 2-56 and the big end has a bushing 5/32 OD X .086 ID. Lots of fun making this stuff.

IMGP0228A.jpg

Today, I decided to get one going, took about four hours and got one together and running. Two photos.

IMGP0242A.jpg

IMGP0239A.jpg

The video I took came out like ...bad. I'll try to get something posted soon. Need to get the other engine together and bling them both up some, that will make me happy.

DB

Whaoooooooooo...nice Idea!!!!
Paolo

Here's a photo of the flywheel under construction. It's my first attempt using my 6" RT. Had to make T-nuts first. I learned alot from this one project. One thing I definitely would do next time is use a center pin for location on second side. The reason I turned it over was to chamfer the pockets.

FW267a.jpg

A photo of the two finished engines, one is a bit more fancy than the other. That one is a gift, the plain one with the wood base is mine.

IMGP0283a-1.jpg

That's it for this post, check out the Photos and Videos heading for more.

DB

Latest posts

Back