A V8 Maybe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool I could go a beer or 3 Thm:
I love the alien tech look of the last pic.
Pete

Hi ali
I have always wanted a supercharged V8 so if it runs, I just might do a Happy dance th_wav
I recast the bearing spigot today but got shrinkage again so I gave up and stuck some bottles in the sand to make up some Bar stock, while I was at it I made enough for the other Volosity Stack.
Pete
DSCN0499_zpscd736685.jpg

DSCN0500_zps834ea2fe.jpg

Pete....................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................
........................................................................................................speacheless

Me Too! Keep it up!

Hi ali
I have always wanted a supercharged V8 so if it runs, I just might do a Happy dance th_wav
I recast the bearing spigot today but got shrinkage again so I gave up and stuck some bottles in the sand to make up some Bar stock, while I was at it I made enough for the other Volosity Stack.
Pete
DSCN0499_zpscd736685.jpg

DSCN0500_zps834ea2fe.jpg
Hey Pete,
everyday when I wake up I make myself a coffe and check up dates on HMIM
when I see your picks I have to pinch myself making sure I'm not dreamingRof}
I have always wanted a supercharged V8 so if it runs,
this quote comming from you was quite funny

Hay Rod how did you go with the threading?
I have made three draw bars of different sizes for my mill and have used booker rod for all of em (threaded rod) works great.
Hi Manfred
Where are you located Mate?
Well Luc
I sure wish I was so certain, Im still not sure where the dizzy is gunna go yet, so the thought of it actually starting is kind of premature. :fan:
I drilled the cover holes today and fitted the bearings but no matter what I did, I have not been able to remove the flaws from the gear cover.
I have filed and strugled with it till the flange is almost half the width of the spigot flange and its still no good, it also has a flaw on its front face but that would have been covered by the spigot.
Its time to bite the bullet and recast the gear cover.
Pete
DSCN0501_zpsbbe2a331.jpg

Hey Pete,
you know what, If you dont know were the dizzi is going to be .............. don't use one :eek:
with all the work you put into this why not going dizziless :idea:
4 coils and there you go that would be knew school:cool:

I do see model Enginering as a Art Form and I defy anybody to power a go kart with "blue poles":hDe:
Pete

Hi Guys
Ive repoured the gear cover now and drilled out the Blower housing but the boring bar I had planed to use for the rotor cavity is just not up to it.
I think ill put the Blower aside while I chew it over some more :fan:
Pete

DSCN0504_zps4655df8a.jpg

AAAWWWWWWW
Pete, you can't post only one picture
I'm like a big dog waiting for a nice big steak:)
and all I get is a small treat:eek:
nice work buddyThm:

Hi Guys
Had a real shocker of a day today.
I was just putting a few finishing touches to my new gear cover and the mill bit slipped in the collet breaking the bit and distroying two days work.
I will have to re pour the cover yet again, its a good thing I know the guy who makes em LOL
To make myself feel a little bit better I did a mock up with the rear cover, all the bearings are installed but the bolts are too short and are just sitting there for the photo so it gives an idea of what it will look like once I buy some bolts.
Pete
DSCN0505_zpsba79dd78.jpg

What a bummer Pete!

Glad I have not graduated to making parts that take 2 days yet, as there would be an enormous backlog of work in my shop!

I have enough trouble with small parts progressing through several versions, let alone castings!

Thanks Rod
Bummed out is a bit of an understatement but I will dial in the pattern a little bit more before I pour it again so I will continue to move forward.:fan:
Pete

WHAT A BUMMER I guest this is were no pain no gain has it's real meaning
ncie work keep it up Man

That sucks! That's part of model building i'm afraid. I'm sure everybody on the forum has a few extra parts on the bench that can never be used. Those become the display parts at the show. We have all done it Pete so you are in good company.

Latest posts

Back