What do you think?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very impressive! What air pressure do you use for blowing off the loose sand?
I havnt checked but it has its own regulator set very low. Ive actually only just set it up i usualy just use my lungs. Could never be bothered with the compressor but its needed for the machine so will save my lungs from now.

Hi all,
Wonder if any of you have any ideas to add to my casting setup.
Ive been casting for about 5 years now and have been trying to improve and remove labour from the task since i started. Anyone who has done any casting im sure will agree its quite labour intensive.
So far to speed up production, ive made an automated riddle for i dont know what els to call it. But it saves having to grate the sand through a sieve like chedder cheese. Its just a pessure cooker with a screen in the bottom and a geared sawing machine motor and a spring loaded paddle pushing against the sieve.
View attachment 125470

My next plan is to make basicaly a motor gear box drive probably hanging over the top with a slow moving mixer paddle to break up the sand and keep it moveing. Then maybe a new round cone shape hopper to go with it.
When i get thus section sorted il make it so the mixer can empty straight into the hopper and remove more of the shoveling.
Any ideas very welcome, cheep and simple always the best.
Hi Luke, I am enjoying your threads and like what you are doing, so to help keep you safe, can you please add some electrical earths to the pressure-cooker motorised seive, etc.?
Perhaps you can take a moment to stand back and consider what can go wrong with your process, and - for your own safety at least - add anything that will protect you in case of any accidents or slip-ups.
You are doing some really good work and I am another fan - "well impressed" by your endeavours. Just sorry I have no clever ideas to help you.
Keep up the good work,
K2

Latest posts

Back