A Tiny I'm working on.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some fine machining there!! Inspirational to those of us just starting out :bow:

Regards,

Will R.

Thanks Will R.

Well my gear cutter was heat treated today after heat treat it checked out at 62Rc so should be ready for some action.
gearcutter3.jpg

gearcutter4.jpg

Oh by the way here is what my wife got me for Christmas so far I like it!
drilldoctor.jpg

Well I had time in the shop and started on the gears mounted the cutter in an arbor I had made a long time back just for cutting small gears. I usually make my gear cutters out of 1/4 square tool steel so if I want a different DP I just need to put the correct cutter in the arbor and go. This set up has served me well for a long time now.
gearcutter5.jpg

gearcutter6.jpg

gearcutter7.jpg

gearcutter8.jpg

gear.jpg

I don't think I'm going to make it by my father-in-laws birthday lots of stuff still to do.

It will be worth waiting for Doc, just give him a link to this thread as a taster. If it gives him as much pleasure as it is giving me, you will be home and hosed.

Jim

Thanks Jim
He doesn't have a computer or inter-net.
I had a hard time getting him to carry a cell phone :big:
But now that I convinced him to use his cell phone, he carries it all the time now.

Well today is my father-in-laws 89th birthday.
I'm far from being completed on the engine I was so hoping to give him. I did get some pieces done today. I got the governor brackets ready to mount into the flywheels got the flywheel clamps turned up and the cam folllower done and the rocker arm done but much left to do.

P1150059.jpg

Those parts look pretty good. How about a quick lash-up to get him excited about it.

Jim

Thanks Jim
He still doesn't know I'm building him another engine but I suspect he knows something is up :big:
I'm getting anxious myself. I spent the evening tapping 0-80 unc holes in the flywheels 24 holes weeuuu glad that's done.

Well I'm making progress sloow but sure. Working on the govonor parts today got the weight brackets done and mounted on fly wheel next the arms and spool.

gov.bracket2.jpg

gov.bracket.jpg

It's looking good Doc, those small parts are quite a challenge (or at least they will be for me when I get back to the Tiny).

Jim

They look good even at that magnification. Well done Doc, this is going to be really spectacular.

Jim

Thanks Jim
Well did not get a whole lot done today got side tracked and had to start doing my taxes.
Anyway I did get the weights themselves done but not the spring tension adjusting shafts that fit in them to allow you to have some adjustment on spring tension. I'll get them tomorrow the plan now is for a Fathers day gift so I have plenty of time (knock on wood) :big:

govweight.jpg

govweight2.jpg

Here is what it will hopefully look like when governor is completed.

tiny-ay.jpg

Following along with interest, Doc. Nice work. Nice close-up photography.

Rudy

Thanks Rudy
I'm not too good with the camera if a picture turns out it's pure luck on my part.
Not much getting done today in the shop I'm not feeling to well even took a sick day from work.
It sucks being sick you want to go out to the shop but just don't have any energy and running a temp doesn't help.

Amazing work on such a small scale Doc! :bow:

Now I'm wondering.... OK, it will be in a different thread.

Rick

Those governor parts look great Doc! It is nice to see another Hit&Miss version getting built.

Hope you feel better Doc, looks like we are in for some more nice days, that should help.

Kel

I like the adjustable governor Doc.
Well, I like the whole thing, but I really like the governor.
Gail in NM

I had been thinking of building a 2-stroke (throttle governed) version of the Tiny someday.

Latest posts

Back