• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50 endmills

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MB,

It is they only place I use now for my HSS cutters. They are as good as any cheapo cutters you can buy. I now class cutters at this price to be disposable, whereas home brewed versions at between 5 to 10 times the price can't be.

I even used a 4 flute 3mm one the other day to plunge cut thru a fairly thick chrome layer then extend a slot in a commercial item. It was still useable after doing a dozen slots.

BTW, I didn't post the link to just up the anti on Matt's link. The ones he showed might be fine for US customers, but for anyone else, his postal charges are way over the top.

Let me reinforce that - I buy from them as well, and they are very, very good value.

Bogs and Tel, thanks for the response. I was about to place an order and decided to hold off for your opinion.

They are very inexpensive and the shipping is very reasonable too.

-MB

The prices offered by richontools on end mills are so low that I just had to order some and try them out.

I went on their site to get the price of shipping by placing a test order. The shipping calculator indicated $9.00 default shipping time 5 to 12 days. It was getting late so I decided to check my end mill inventory and place a real order on the following day. On the following day the shipping calculator said the only available shipping method was EMS @ 23.00! The great deal just evaporated

I emailed them and they corrected the problem. They responded quickly and said they just upgraded the shipping calculator, and the settings were wrong, showing no standard air mail service to the U.S. Long story short, the were very quick to respond. Now lets see what the end mills look like, and how well they perform down in the Butcher's Shop! ;D

http://richontools.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_50

-MB

MB,

Remember, it is Chinese new year, so things can sometimes get delayed.

I found that Peter, the boss, would bend over backwards to help if there was a problem. If there is any, it is usually with his packing and shipping people, I don't think they can understand English.

Bogstandard said:
MB,

Remember, it is Chinese new year, so things can sometimes get delayed.

I found that Peter, the boss, would bend over backwards to help if there was a problem. If there is any, it is usually with his packing and shipping people, I don't think they can understand English.

The emails I received were from Peter. And his communication skills are excellent. I like doing business with people that respond quickly and decisively to any situation. Makes my life much easier.

Chinese New Year? When is that? I hope they get my order packed and shipped before start the celebration! *beer* *beer*

EDIT: I did a Google search on Chinese New Year, and I should be OK. In 2011 it starts February 3, The year of the Rabbit. What ever that means. ???

-MB

Bogstandard said:
Feb 3rd, but the celebrations go on for a fair length of time, I think both before and after.

I got stuck in them last year.

Thanks Bogs. I was as adding an edit to my post while you posted a response. I just remembered that my spare parts order for my 9x20 got held up for a month a few years back.

They celebrated, while I waited, and waited... :wall:

-MB

Bogs: Your earlier post in which you say: "It is they only place I use now for my HSS cutters" begs the question - Who do you use for carbide endmills, or do you use only insert based carbide tooling? As a newcomer to metal work, I really value these little gems you post from time to time. I placed an order this evening - the shipping cost to Canada is incredibly cheap.

Thanks again for posting this info.

Majorstrain said:
CENTER CUTTING.
FLUTE: 4

Can't say I've seen those b4. Gotta get me some ::) not that I've been around all that long.
Must be a typo, I can only count 2 flutes in the pic.

US $47.00 shipping to Oz, Super COOL! ::) ::)

Thanks Bogs, you put me onto these guys a while ago. Certainly no complaints here.

Phil

That $47 shipping fee must be a mistake!

I made a dummy order for 100 end mills, 10 each from 5/64 thru 1/2. That was $110. Shipping here to me is $35.

So for $1.45 per endmill across the board, to my door. WOW! I've been getting took! th_confused0052

I think Peter going get real busy shortly! :big:

Matt

1hand said:
I made a dummy order for 100 end mills, 10 each from 5/64 thru 1/2. That was $110. Shipping here to me is $35.
So for $1.45 per endmill across the board, to my door. WOW! I've been getting took!
I think Peter going get real busy shortly!
Matt

Matt, not necessarily "took". Its just that you/we now have a lower cost source, thanks to Bogs!

Just don't go nuts, leave some for the rest of us. stickpoke

-MB

Metal Butcher said:
Matt, not necessarily "took". Its just that you/we now have a lower cost source, thanks to Bogs!

Just don't go nuts, leave some for the rest of us. stickpoke

-MB

Who??? Me?? Nuts??? scratch.gif

LOL....
Matt

This has turned interesting.

I buy Enco brand (ie. Pacific Rim imports), 3/8" shank, TiN coated, 4 flute, center cutting end mills.
They cost $6.21 to $7.58 USD each which I thought was dirt cheap.

Rick

Metal Butcher said:
I emailed them and they corrected the problem. They responded quickly and said they just upgraded the shipping calculator, and the settings were wrong, showing no standard air mail service to the U.S. Long story short, the were very quick to respond. Now lets see what the end mills look like, and how well they perform down in the Butcher's Shop! ;D

http://richontools.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=15_50

-MB

Did they update the site or your order? I just checked and it's like $30 for standard service to Texas for 30 end mills and a diamond wheel. Ouch.

Latest posts

Back