• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

50 endmills

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
;D - I went to my post box this morning, and lo and behold...
11 days from order and this lot was in there:

Two more check marks - for delivery to Namibia and for sending what I ordered. And in less than half the time I expected as well!

Best get my end-mill storage system sorted out and get to making chips now...

Regards, Arnold

arnoldb, thanks for the welcome.

arnoldb said:
;D - I went to my post box this morning, and lo and behold...
11 days from order and this lot was in there:
Regards, Arnold

I was wondering did they go through customs?
Here they would and I will have to pay vat and depending on the "weather" import tax.

Dave

Dave, your welcome.

Yes, they went through customs, but was clearly marked as a "gift":
normal_IMG_2210.JPG

Local customs and Nampost didn't complain; I just collected the package without having to pay in a cent.
The government is already grabbing more than 50% of my income through taxes, so I don't feel bad at all at missing out on having to pay import duty and VAT on this lot. Having said that, even if I did have to pay the duties (cost: R500, Import @ 1.5%:R7.50, VAT @15% on top:R76.13 - total R583.63) - it still comes out at only the price of 4 Somta HSS cutters bought locally. As much as I'd like to support local manufacturers and businesses, this is just too much of a gap.

And I'm not sure any longer that Somta's that great quality either. Their drill bits are great; but when it comes to things like taps and dies, I now have exclusively Volkel kit; Huster Machine Tools supply those (here in Windhoek), and I still have and use all the original taps/dies I purchased, except for the 2mm taps, as I broke one of those and bought a new set. Some of my Volkel tap sets has literally done hundreds of holes and still feel new. The only Somta taps I've had were 5mm, and not even tapped about 50 holes I could feel them getting dull, so I bought Volkels to replace those - and actually cheaper.

Regards, Arnold

Oh, I didn't bother with umlauts for the u in Huster and the o in Volkel...

Arnold, glad that your order came in. Mine is due any day now.

With the prices they charge, marking your package as a "gift" is technically correct! :big:

-MB

I haven't seen mine yet. Should be a day or so after MB gets his.

Well I'm going to give them a go.
Arnold: I like your style ;D
I will let you know my progress
Dave

Mike N said:
We are keeping this guy busy, I received an email today & he is out of the 3/8" 4 flute end mills. My order has been delayed for a while. Excellent communication about my order. (maybe I ordered too many)!

Still waiting! I ordered on the 8th of Jan.?? ???

I placed an order last evening and this morning I already have an email saying it has been shipped. That is excellent service. He says there is one piece extra, a 1/2" end mill. I wonder if he is sending me a free end mill? He also included coupon codes for discounts on future orders. If the bits are as good as his service this will be a great buy.
Gary

MB, you're right; just about a gift, and for a change a useful one :big:

Thanks Dave. I finally got around to using some of them today, and I'm delighted with the starters. Some long-term testing will ensue ;D

Mike, did you get a confirmation mail and shipping details ? - If you didn't maybe you should follow up.

Gary, you sound like you got lucky!

Regards, Arnold

Just a little warning now for those who are considering placing an order.

It is getting very close to Chinese New Year, and then things usually get delayed some.

With regards to some people having delays, it has happened to me a couple of times and it is usually to do with the postal service in my home country.

If it hasn't turned up in 14 days, I would suggest you contact Peter, and give him your order details, he WILL sort it for you.

Bogs

Hello all,

I placed an order (hard, if not impossible, to beat the prices!) on January 20 and received notice it was shipped January 21, with tracking number included in the email.

Don't know how one could expect any better service. If these end mills are as good as everyone says, I can't imagine how Richon won't be successful.

All the best,
Mike

arnoldb said:
MB, you're right; just about a gift, and for a change a useful one :big:

Thanks Dave. I finally got around to using some of them today, and I'm delighted with the starters. Some long-term testing will ensue ;D

Mike, did you get a confirmation mail and shipping details ? - If you didn't maybe you should follow up.

Gary, you sound like you got lucky!

Regards, Arnold

I got confirmation today that my end mills were shipped with one extra free one! I ordered 65 various sizes.
Mike N

Got my order today of carbide endmills and they look just fine.

Hello all,

This is a follow-up to my post of four days ago - I received and email on the 21st stating my mills had been shipped via air; on checking the tracking number today I found they were actually shipped the 26th.

Can't be blamed on Chinese New Years as that isn't until February 3rd.

Best,
Mike

About 23 days and no endmills yet stickpoke

Matt

1hand said:

Matt
Have you used the tracking number to locate them?
I received my email that they had been shipped on Jan 24 but the tracking number indicated that they did not leave Hong Kong until Jan 29. They arrived in Canada on Jan 31 so now we will see how long it takes Customs and Canada Post to get them to me.
Gary

1hand said:

Matt

I ordered on the 8th. And the order was shipped on the 12th.

19 days and waiting.

No need to panic, just keep machining. ;D

-MB

Metal Butcher said:
I ordered on the 8th. And the order was shipped on the 12th.

19 days and waiting.

No need to panic, just keep machining. ;D

-MB

ok ;D

I'd just like to add another thankyou to Bogstandard for the Richontools link.

I have just recieved my order from 11th Jan. I ordered an assortment of 31 endmills from 2mm - 10mm in 2flute, 4 flute & ball end for $50 Australian including postage. It may have taken 20days to arrive but compared to the set of 10 ball end mills I was looking at for $79 + postage I can't complain.

I can't comment on the quality - not knowing what a good one looks like versus bad, but for the price as long as they do a reasonable job of shaping metal there will definately be future purchases!!

Tony.

Back