• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Wondering about value Elbow engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Trying to get a reasonable value on a 10 cyl. elbow engine. I think it is PRICELESS! Then reality sets in.
What are your thoughts.

Attachments

• 20220314_204116.jpg
    20220314_204116.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 188
  • 20220314_204300.jpg
    20220314_204300.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 183
  • 20220314_204630.mp4
    21 MB
Last edited:
There's maybe 70-100 hours work in that engine - if that helps.

I built a 12 Cylinder - see avatar.

Six Shooter Elbow Engine

(edit) On re-reading I see you are looking to sell - Unfortunately I don't think people are willing to pay the kind of money - given the engines available from Banggood at U$200 - 500.

If someone offers you $500 take the money and run - I wouldn't sell mine for that however.

Regards, Ken

Last edited:
I did go over your build,very nice and very well thought out. I was in a high school metal shop class 1972 when I built my first and only steam engine. Having finished that one the teacher handed me the plans for this elbow engine,but I never got to start it but I kept the prints,and those are the ones I used. On to a two year trade school and then on to tool & die apprenticeship. Then Unigraphics CAD designer for the last 15 yrs.
I never had the time to build it until now-RETIRED! I so missed being out on the floor. First thing I did was build a small shop and then a Stuart beam engine. I had been sitting on those plans all that time.
I knew that the cylinders might be a problem so I made them from one piece then split and kept the reference the same. Pistons were easy bent with a pipe and trued with v-block and tenth DTI. Every thing else was ground in square.
The problem is with friction and sealing at the cly bases witch your design addressed. I will try to sell this first one-"self supporting through my own contributions" .
I have started another,just for me!
OH and the import crap is just that. Most people know what quality is,and that is what they are after, it lasts forever.

Mart

Unfortunately, the work put into these "executive toys" never equals the market value.

I don't even try to sell me engines. I give them to friends and family that may have an interest. And I only give them away when I have too many on the shelf.

If you can find someone to offer a couple hundred bucks, take the money and run.

...Ved.

Latest posts

Back