Sad but wonderful history on Weeden Toy Steam Engine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimDobson

Reaction score
I thought some may be interested in this story and maybe, just maybe someone with more genealogical sleuthing ability maybe able to advance my quest to find the relatives a reality? Here's a story, a sad but wonderful story and the history on this nearly Century old Weeden upright Steam Engine -

Interesting history on that engine/boiler.

I have often wondered about where the engines I have came from originally.

In some cases I know where an engine came from, and who designed it (the Soule Speedy Twin).

In other cases, I have no idea who designed an engine, but I do know the country where it was designed and built (the original Green Twin engine).

I have some information about my New York Safety engine, but it would be interesting to know who owned it, were it was used, and for what application.

Thanks GreenTwin, I don't even know why I opened that burner up before I put spirits in there.
Amazing piece of history to know. It would be interesting to know the history of all these old engines.
I'd say that the family would have been fairly well off to afford a present like that for one of their sons.

Back