Where do you live?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Powder keg said:
Where the heck is Idaho?

Catch Up Wes!

Punxsutawney Pennsylvania is the center of the universe.
Idaho is someplace west of there....
Rof}

Rick

rake60 said:
Punxsutawney Pennsylvania ...........Rick......

Is this not the place we could never pronounce, where once a year, you guys aggravate some sleeping groundhog named Punxsutawney Chump?

jack

I can see both sides of this, having worked in the security field for a bit. It's amazing what can be put together these days. For 95% of us that won't matter, but for a few, it can be a big deal. It's a lot easier for a stalker to just poke around ME shows and clubs in Idaho, say than searching the entire US or world.

I live in Northern Scotland, about 35 miles west of Inverness and 70 miles east of Aberdeen. If anyone wanted to stalk me at the moment they would have to wear their winter thermals, particularly if they wanted to hang around outside my shed. It's jolly cold and rather snowy right now.

Rockets.

i think it dont really matter much but for those that think nobody could find u, u better wake up this is the age of computers and we can find u with just a little bit of research so really it dont matter if you post a location where you are a simple city would be ok. really your personal life could be and probably is being watched by someone some where and you will never know. look at the satellites they see you sitting in your pool out side inside it dont matter . they are probably watching u shower and u will never know. todays a bit different then yesterday. the high powers have the teck stuff. so u cant hide give it up. man they can see though no matter where u are unless ur walls are made of lead but even then i dunno. just my two penny's (witch are worth 4 penny's in the scap) its a matter of time we will find u ha ha ha ha

Hi

I have my location in my profile settings but it doesn't show up on my posts???? Should it??

Cheers

Rich

Rich,
It does not transfer from your profile location to anyplace on your post directly.
You have to add it into the profile either in the signature line or the text box for the picture/text on the right side of your profile edit page. You don't have to have a photo there to add text.
Gail in NM

It does now Rich, just plugged it in for ya.

as if by magic Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm: Thm:

Cheers Tel

rockets said:
I live in Northern Scotland, about 35 miles west of Inverness and 70 miles east of Aberdeen....

Isn't 70 miles east of Aberdeen a bit on the wet side?!

A

itowbig said:
i think it dont really matter much but for those that think nobody could find u, u better wake up this is the age of computers and we can find u with just a little bit of research so really it dont matter if you post a location where you are a simple city would be ok. .....

My nephew, a lifetime student of Social Mores, but having few technical smarts, actually believes "they" can watch our activities in our living rooms by using our T-V sets, and listen to us through our 'phones, even when turned off.

Ultimate paranoid? jack

Its not the TV im worried about Jack. Its the 'dreaded computer screen'... is that you I can see in there Jack?........ :eek:

Artie said:
Its not the TV im worried about Jack. Its the 'dreaded computer screen'... is that you I can see in there Jack?........ :eek:

Believe this or not: I was trained in Digital Computers when they were in their infancy (DeVry Technical Institute, 1963 Graduate). So, theory-etically I am supposed to be able to design 'em, and fix 'em, two things which today are falsehoods, since I never kept up on the technology's advance.

But, the B.S. terminology is still the same, so I use it to look smarter than I am! And, yeah, you're right, they tell me there is something called "web-cam", but I don't really know anything about it......................jack

Aluminum foil wrapped around your head will keep them from reading your mind you know.
:big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

bearcar1 said:
Aluminum foil wrapped around your head will keep them from reading your mind you know.
Wear aluminum foil on your head, and EVERYONE will know what you're thinking. ;D

Vernon said:
Wear aluminum foil on your head, and EVERYONE will know what you're thinking. ;D

I don't dare; sight of it would send them looking for that funny chair with the straps on it...............jack

I live in a little town in Northern Ireland called Portadown, on a map it is just a tiny bit south of the big puddle called Lough Neagh, or about 30 miles from Belfast and about 80 miles from Dublin.

Tim

jack.39 said:
My nephew, a lifetime student of Social Mores, but having few technical smarts, actually believes "they" can watch our activities in our living rooms by using our T-V sets, and listen to us through our 'phones, even when turned off.

Back in the spring of 1977, a friend of mine came to visit me while I was still in college -- sharing a house with a rather rowdy bunch. He hooked up something to the TV set and "recorded" (long before VCR's were available retail) the party we held in his honor. The friend in question worked for one of the (many) "Alphabet Agencies" we have here in the U.S. He may have tricked us (few people know how small a camera can be), but I think not. The video showed our "party" from the viewpoint of the TV.

It is true that any "modern" (post-1980 landline) telephone can be turned on "remotely" and used to listen in on conversations happening in the area of pick-up. This was disclosed in the John Gotti case back in the mid-1980's.

Truth is stranger than fiction -- and it doesn't have to make sense.

rake60 said:
Catch Up Wes!

Punxsutawney Pennsylvania is the center of the universe.
Idaho is someplace west of there....
Rof}

Rick

It seems, Rick, that living there you would be making the same engine over and over again...

Latest posts

Back