WHAT IS THIS ??

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi All

I just thought i would throw another guess into the melting pot pun intended as it looks similar to the manganese ingots that are used as an alloying element in steel production manganese does not spark and has quite a high melting point .

Cheers Paul ;D ;D ;D ;D

hey guys sorry for not getting back sooner i work at a funeral home and we got busy and this is my internet. i emailed a chem,teacher waiting for a reply.

here's a photo of the piece i used for the displacement test

shop 002.JPG

shop 001.JPG

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I have access to a scanning electron microscope, if you want to send me a small scraping and i will analyze it for you and tell you the elements its made of and the percentage of each.
Rob

Coll Robert it is apparently 99.99 % something we are just not sure what.
Tin

i mailed a piece to robertt to test. its pure zinc. what can i build with that? ???
thanks again robertt

GOOFY063 said:
i mailed a piece to robertt to test. its pure zinc. what can i build with that? ???
thanks again robertt

Zinc can be mixed with copper to make spelter ( solder ). It is used as is by riggers to fix fittings to cables. Old school galvanizing was done by putting the work with some powdered zing in a tumbler and heating to 350F.

Someday I'll find an interesting use for the bar that's in my collection.

Latest posts

Back