Western Engine & Model Exhibition, WEME

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Troutsqueezer

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Just wondering if any forums members were participating in the WEME show coming up this Saturday in Vallejo, CA. The wife and I will be there for awhile.

-Trout

Hey Troutsqueezer,

My friend Tom Henzley and I will be there with the Munro Special and the partial quarter scale engine of
the bike. Hope to see you there.

quarteronfull.jpg

fullandquarter.jpg

Best regards,
Phil Schack

Greetings,

This last weekend I attended the Western Engine and Model Expo in Vallejo California. It was great to see all of the running engines. I especially enjoyed talking with all of the builders and learning some of their tricks.
I spoke with hundreds of people about the Munro Special and the model that I am building. It was just great. So here are a few photos of the event.
Enjoy.

banner.JPG

This was looking onto the stage from the show floor.
stage.JPG

Looking from the stage to the show floor.
showfloor.JPG

The display case with the model and full scale rods for the Munro.
display.JPG

With one of the builders talking about the model.
withmike.JPG

Checking dimensions so I can machine the heads for the model.
scaling.JPG

Perspective.
handlogo1.JPG

So that's it from the show. The heads should be finished this week.
I learned how to make spark plugs at the show. So I guess those will be
next after the heads. They will have a 6-40 thread. Very little.

Best regards,
Phil

Phil, sorry I missed your first reply. I certainly would have sought you out. The show was very nice and the builders certainly are a friendly lot. I was hoping for more sellers of material and equipment though but I did come away with a nice piece of cast iron for a future flywheel for only two bucks.

I expected the Indian to be old-looking and somewhat used but it sure was in pristine shape. There was a guy standing next to me claiming that the exhaust was not the same as what was shown in the movie so he was wondering if this was the real deal. The man in charge assured him the movie version was just that, a movie version and he was looking at the actual exhaust system.

-Trout

Back