Webster 4 cycle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crankshafter

Reaction score
Started one the Webster engine last weekend and today one week later i have got this far :)
Bilde075.jpg

Bilde081.jpg

Bilde083.jpg

Bilde086.jpg

Bilde087.jpg

Tomorrow i start on the valves. have a nice saturday evenig every one of you.

hey crankshafter
you have been busy ;D
very nice looking work you are doing.

keep us posted we like pictures ;D ::) (and video)

chuck

Nice work so far. Looking forward to progress updates. I would like to try an IC engine on my next build.

In a week!! :eek: Man I'm slacking! I haven't even settled on a new project yet! (even when I do it'll probably take me another week to settle on how to make the base! ::) )

looks like it is going to be a runner pretty soon ;D

I figure you are use to fixing/building much larger engines from the spanners in the back ground?

It is good to see others work, as Chuck said...
we like pictures ;D ::) (and video)

Ralph.

Divided He ad said:
In a week!! :eek: Man I'm slacking! I haven't even settled on a new project yet! (even when I do it'll probably take me another week to settle on how to make the base! ::) )

looks like it is going to be a runner pretty soon ;D

I figure you are use to fixing/building much larger engines from the spanners in the back ground?

It is good to see others work, as Chuck said...

Ralph.

Yeah it has been a bussy week, i tell you ;D but now i have to start on the "small" parts: cams, valvetrain,carb, gears ( ordered them from the states, they are way to expensive here in Norway :mad:)flywheel, fueltank and so on. As you mention Ralph i fix larger engines then the Webster, ship diesel enignes and turbochargers by the way. ;D
Will slow down a bit on the pogress for the two next weeks, will be bussy at job next week and then a trip to Germany.
PS. are there annyone that know the partno. on the OS-carburetor recomended for the Webster?? Thanks.

Can't help you on the carb. But, way to go... thats a lot of work! Great job!

Eric

Them there spanners don't look big enough for ship repair.... Nearer boat!
Ship turbo's ehh!??? ... Might make a good jet turbine ?!!!! ;D :eek: ;D

I have a couple of friends who 1, used to engineer in the Royal Navy and 2, works on the engines in super luxury yachts! (this is ridiculous!!! )
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOx5K8Z9bU[/ame] it is the last boat he was on!!

They have both happily described the various sizes of nuts, bolts and pistons etc and laughed at the size of the car engines I used to fix.... still, they came running when their cars broke down :big:

Anyway.... Back to your model engine.... Are you not going to make the carb? The plans that I have show a venturi and needle valve assembly (damn small though!!)
I understand about buying the electrics in... Not all of us can make that kind of stuff... Well not cost effectively anyway!

Take your time CS there is no rush... We will be happy to see your work in a week or a month ;D

Ralph.

great video but they didn't show the best part of the boat.......................the engine room :big: ??? ::) ;D :D ;)

crankshafter: great looking webster engine also did you get my pm about the carb drawing??

Divided He ad said:
Them there spanners don't look big enough for ship repair.... Nearer boat!
Ship turbo's ehh!??? ... Might make a good jet turbine ?!!!! ;D :eek: ;D

I have a couple of friends who 1, used to engineer in the Royal Navy and 2, works on the engines in super luxury yachts! (this is ridiculous!!! )
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeOx5K8Z9bU[/ame] it is the last boat he was on!!

They have both happily described the various sizes of nuts, bolts and pistons etc and laughed at the size of the car engines I used to fix.... still, they came running when their cars broke down :big:

Anyway.... Back to your model engine.... Are you not going to make the carb? The plans that I have show a venturi and needle valve assembly (damn small though!!)
I understand about buying the electrics in... Not all of us can make that kind of stuff... Well not cost effectively anyway!

Take your time CS there is no rush... We will be happy to see your work in a week or a month ;D

Ralph.

Ralph.
I will make the needlevalve/venturi but as mr. Joseph Webster says in the plans, the engine runs better with carb.

The spanners that is mentioned is for hobby. some spanners I use in my job is a two man lift ;D and when we need real torque
we use hydraulic to tightening cyl.heads,mainbearings etc.

Not a jet turbine but, here are a pic. of a rather small turbo after a real brakedown :fan:
img197.jpg

have a nice day.
CS

Well bust!! :eek: If you lost your glasses I just found them :big: That fully built would make a good jet!! you could push a car easily! :eek: Not too sure if I would be happy to test it though!!

Glad to know you are making the bits ;D I like to see what people can come up with and how it works compared to the commercial stuff :)

Ralph.

chuck foster said:
hey crankshafter
you have been busy ;D
very nice looking work you are doing.

keep us posted we like pictures ;D ::) (and video)

chuck
Hello again,I am back from Germany.
Have had some long days in the shop and made some progress on the Webster.
Have a look ;)
Bilde121-2.jpg

Bilde125.jpg

Bilde124.jpg

Bilde123.jpg

Bilde122.jpg

Bilde120-1.jpg

Making very quick progress there! Looking good, can't wait to see the vid!

A few well used long days in the shop from the looks of the engine in the pic's.
Not too long before a runner is puttering away it would appear?
are the gears home made too?

Looking very good CS ;D

Ralph.

Divided He ad said:
A few well used long days in the shop from the looks of the engine in the pic's.
Not too long before a runner is puttering away it would appear?
are the gears home made too?

Looking very good CS ;D

Ralph.
not so much time in the shop today,#1: Had to go to the dentist and pull a tooth that take the sleep from me for two nights :mad:
#2: Honey do.
But I managed to make the fueltank, except the fillercap. Here are some(crappy) pic. yes I realize that soon I have to get me a real camera. Cellpones are for phonecalls, cameras for pic. ;D
Bilde129-1.jpg

Bilde130.jpg

Bilde131.jpg

Bilde132.jpg

Ralph: No ordered the gears and the carb. from the US, cheep ;D compared to the price here in Norway :eek:
CS

That's fine looking work there CS 8) ............. I'm sure an IC engine is much (much) more of a challenge than my simple effort so far, which runs on compressed air so, I'm really looking forward to seeing more progress when you get the chance.

Good to hear the tooth is fixed ;)

CC

Fair enough to buy them in, A few pence saves a few hours in the shop! ;D

I use my mobile phone to take all my stills the macro setting is quite excellent ;D (K750i for those interested)
There are even better versions of my phone out there at the min' but mine works well :)

Now that fuel tank..... Shiny ;D ........ I like shiny ;D

Good stuff CS, keep it coming :D

Ralph.

Divided He ad said:
Fair enough to buy them in, A few pence saves a few hours in the shop! ;D

I use my mobile phone to take all my stills the macro setting is quite excellent ;D (K750i for those interested)
There are even better versions of my phone out there at the min' but mine works well :)

Now that fuel tank..... Shiny ;D ........ I like shiny ;D

Good stuff CS, keep it coming :D

Ralph.
Here we go again-
Finished the cyl.oiler,crank. greasecup, and have the ignitionbraker on it's place.
Downloaded Birk's ignitionplans, nice plans/readings :bow: after some time searching my drawer's and shelf's,I found every thing I need to make a ignitonsystem for my Webster ;D
So, if tomorrow come's maybe i can put life in to the metal.
Bilde138.jpg

Looking great, bet you can't wait to give it a spin over to see if there's any life in it?! We can't! I'm confident it will work after a few flicks of the flywheel!

Back