unwelcome visitors :(

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some time back, my shop was across the driveway from the house, maybe 25'. I went in to dinner and left the shop door open directly facing the kitchen door. When I went back to the shop after dinner, all of my Snap On mechanics tools where gone. The bikes where still there.
I knew who it was, but he didn't know that I had a pretty good collection of weapons. I couldn't do anything about it. It could have turned out differently if I ate a little faster.
Taught me to lock up.
Think about the nerve of the guy.

I know this does not help this situation any and I am sorry for your loss. In recent years as the availability and cost of video cameras has come to be more affordable, I have been called upon to layout and install systems in and around peoples property. Each r\time I have done so, within just a few days, I get calls from the folks that I did he work for telling me what 'interesting' scenarios they have been witness to as they reviewed the recordings from the previous evenings. (most of the cameras I install are quality, low-light, infrared units) It is amazing to see just how many would-be thieves or overly nosy knuckleheads will check to see what door is or isn't locked etc. Several of my customers have been able to bring charges against such criminals with these recordings. What is striking to me is the fact that these same acts were more than likely being carried out on a what I am sure was a regular basis even before I installed the cameras for these folks. One guy even caught his teen aged son stealing money out of his wallet while he was in the shower!! Big Brother watching you? Maybe, but why take the chance.

BC1
Jim

Latest posts

Back