Two IC newbies Build Websters

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cam doesn't look too hard. A few minutes on the rotary table ought to do it. Keep spinning that crank!
cheepo45

I was being my typical self trying to figure out the hardest way to go about making it. Now I see the obvious.
If I spin this thing any more ill be replacing the bushings before the first fire up. Sitting here at work spinning it some more. Lol its really smooth and the flywheel mass keeps it spinning for quite some time off a single flip.I'm hoping Friday is all mine to play in the shop. I see light at the end of the tunnel!

I have finished up the exhaust cam lobe, points lobe, spacers, and made a couple of oil cups for the crank. I havent drilled and tapped for the oil cups yet, Im not sure that I like them. It makes the engine look a bit busy.

websteroilcups 002.jpg

can't wait to see this in action and the oil cups look fine to me.. nice job

Oil cups looks busy??? NOT AT ALL!!! They look great :p

They'd perhaps look less busy if they weren't in brass. Maybe make them out of steel?

Been working on a couple other projects and havent had much time to work on my webster build, but managed a little bit of time today and finished up the rocker arm. Still needs a bit of polishing.....
having trouble getting pic to upload....again!

Well, I can't blame anyone for enjoying the good weather. We had two glorious weeks here, beautiful July weather. Then it turned nasty and snowed for a day. Now its trying t get nice again. I'm looking foreword to June.--Wifey and I may go on tour for a couple of weeks. We may come by and say Hi in Wilmington.---Brian

Well, I can't blame anyone for enjoying the good weather. We had two glorious weeks here, beautiful July weather. Then it turned nasty and snowed for a day. Now its trying t get nice again. I'm looking foreword to June.--Wifey and I may go on tour for a couple of weeks. We may come by and say Hi in Wilmington.---Brian

I'll be looking forward to the visit. Maybe we can round up the local hmem members for a little get together?

Yesterday was a fun day, had DReeves and Cheapo45 over for awhile and was working on building DReeves a foundry furnace. Made some progress on the furnace but mostly just shot the ****, demostrated casting, and had a good time. I should have taken some video, but when you have 3 times ugly the camera would have certainally crapped out.
Today I spent a lttle time in the shop and turned a couple of valves, nothing spectacular but progress none the less....

valveturn.jpg

valves.jpg

Yesterday I decided it was time to make a DTI holder for the lathe, nothing fancy, but I really should have made one decades ago. It makes life so much easier than using the micrometer end stop.
Today I made the other vavle guid and whittled down the blocks to make the valve chest out of. Tomorrow is another day...

And here we go again!! cant get the pictures to upload!! GRRR this is annoying!!!

IIRC I think i've got a spare set of those blocks at home that I first op'd on the cnc when I built mine, if you're interested?

IIRC I think i've got a spare set of those blocks at home that I first op'd on the cnc when I built mine, if you're interested?
Thanks for the offer, but Ill have theese done shortly and am making some minor changes to them...

Reactions: gus
I made a very similar indicator stop last year. It's one of the best tools I made for my lathe. (and one of the easiest to make!)
cheepo45

DSCN2377.jpg

Reactions: gus

Latest posts

Back