Turning a one piece crankshaft

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a neat fixture you have done, compliments :bow: and thanks for sharing it

rklopp said:
I am fortunate enough to have a Colchester Chipmaster 10 x 20, which I used to make the cranks. For mills, I have a Deckel FP2NC and an Aciera F-2. I've since added another lathe: a Monarch 10EE, which means I am badly spoiled. You should judge the quality of my work in light of the equipment I have. You folks who make masterpieces on things like Sherlines and worn out Atlases should be very proud.

compliments for your honesty too, not many people do remember the difference in machinery that come into account when you compare similar works :)

Not sure if this will work. http://s207.photobucket.com/home/Paul_C_XJ/index I left the ends with the centers until finish machining. The journals were 5/8 and with the thickness of the webs I didn't need a filler in the connecting rod fillet. I did the rough machining of the connecting rod journal in a Bridgeport manually turning it with a dividing head.

Latest posts

Back