Too cold in the shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like this one is going to miss us this time Rick. It sure has been one cold snow season for us. We beat our total snow fall average a week ago and we still have months of snow weather to come. My old mill will be moving to its new home this weekend so I am glad we have a not to bad weekend coming up. I won't be getting my new one till the end of February...bout the time I get released to return to work...go figure.

Hey Rick,

Time to build a Lombard log hauler and play in the snow. Rof}

Maryak,

Only 11% humidity. You should try that with about 60% to 70%. Then it would be hot and sticky.

Bernd

No problem here.
If the ice takes out the power it has to get pretty cold to freeze beer.
I'm not all that fond of the new carpet in the living room.
I hear it burns hot and slow. Don't need groceries, we just bought a
half of beef.
I wonder how Delmonico steaks cooked over a polyester fire might
go? LOL

We do have some concerns here.
The ice is on us. My parents are in their mid 70's and live about 15 miles away
from me. If they lose power there will be a cocky young Jeep Liberty going to get them.
I'll be the old guy guy behind the wheel letting it impress me the whole way.
Been there before! It hasn't let me down yet!

Rick

Bernd
You should try that heat with 90-95% humidity..... a typical July/August in the deep south. You nearly have to wring the air out before breathing it. It's probably only coincidence that it is also the season to watch for mad dogs and violent human behavior.

Steve

3.20 in sunny Melton Victoria Aus and the thermometer just nudged
40c in the shade. I'm thinking of throwing a frozen choock in the tin roofed
workshop should be nicely roasted by dinner time. 8) not

Hello,

I am almost afraid to ask..... but what is a choock?

Best Wishes

Chuck M

Kentucky Ducky

Kentucky Fried Kitten

Otherwise known as - DA DA......................
icon_drummer.gif
A plain good old chicken.

Best Regards
Bob

take it easy there Bob , also watch Galina you have a few days of the hot stuff in a row and thats taxing for those not born here ( you and Galina both) take it easy as, drink heaps,

enjoy

cheers

jack

39 C here so not too bad

jack404 said:
take it easy there Bob , also watch Galina you have a few days of the hot stuff in a row and thats taxing for those not born here ( you and Galina both) take it easy as, drink heaps,

Thanks Jack,

Not quite as hot as Duchess's Boiler, (Fire), Rooms. Up top, (Far East), they averaged out at 54-60 C. Mind you I was a tad younger and bullet proof then.

Drinking heaps is good I'm on my 3rd stubby already.

Galina is in the lounge in her bathers and the A/C is flat out and holding at 30 C. Wait till we get the bill.
wow.gif

Cedge said:
Bernd
You should try that heat with 90-95% humidity..... a typical July/August in the deep south. You nearly have to wring the air out before breathing it. It's probably only coincidence that it is also the season to watch for mad dogs and violent human behavior.

Steve

Well I don't know about mad dogs, but the violent human behavior could be contributed to sticky underware if it gets that humid. Rof}

Bernd

6 inches of the white stuff this morning, with more coming down. It's not the cold, or even the snow. It's the idiots on the roads in the morning. Commute normally takes 10-15 minutes. Today was almost an hour. I felt like I needed a drink when I finally got in this morning!

Bernd...
What is underwear?.....(grin)

Steve
From the original land of Commando

We only received 2½" of snow from this storm.
Then we got the ice. It wasn't ALL bad.

IceStorm.jpg

I might not have to trim those shrubs this summer.
Better yet, I just remembered where I stuck that storm window
I lost last fall. ::)

Rick

Gaaa! I've had the heat on in the shop all day just so when I get home I can go play with some key parts that should have been delivered days ago and are for-sure scheduled to be delivered today.

So I get home and no package. Whaaa? Check the tracking # ... "Delivery Exception - Adverse Weather Conditions" :-[ :-[ :-[ Whaa? Oh yeah, I used the defroster for 3 or maybe 4 minutes this morning. Adverse weather my butt. Even the schools were open today. I'm really not happy with UPS about now (nor Enco's seemingly mandatory 2-day delay to ship anything on the 'free shipping' offers..)

This is going to bork up my entire weekend... and now I've got a warmish shop and nothing to do there... except maybe clean up and we can't have that ;D

You can have some of our snow, if it makes you feel any better!

Just spent the last 90 minutes shoveling the evil white stuff.

shred said:
Gaaa! I've had the heat on in the shop all day just so when I get home I can go play with some key parts that should have been delivered days ago and are for-sure scheduled to be delivered today.

So I get home and no package. Check the tracking # ... "Delivery Exception - Adverse Weather Conditions" :-[ :-[ :-[ Whaa? Oh yeah, I did have to use the defroster for 3 or maybe 4 minutes this morning. Adverse weather my butt. Even the schools were open today. I'm really not happy with UPS about now (nor Enco's seemingly mandatory 2-day delay to ship anything on the 'free shipping' offers..)

This is going to hose up my entire weekend... and now I've got a warmish shop and nothing to do there... except maybe clean up and we can't have that ;D

Well shred if they had to pass through here there would be delays.
Southbound traffic exiting this town is met with a mile long 7% grade hill.
Twice today the local police were called to that hill because two tractor
trailer rigs were stuck blocking all three lanes. On the last call the scanner caught
the responding officers call to their base.
"PennDOT has freed up the stuck semis. two lanes are clear.
Now we are stuck on the hill blocking the third lane."

I was laughing almost as hard as radio dispatcher was! :D

Rick

Cedge said:
Bernd...
What is underwear?.....(grin)

Steve
From the original land of Commando

Thankyou for that image....I really appreciated that .....geeeze.

rake60 said:
We only received 2½" of snow from this storm.

Rick

As Rog said you can have some of ours. Ever try to plow 12" of snow with ice underneath the wheels. Ya don't go so good. :Doh: :rant: :rant:

Bernd

That's funny Rick.. I remember seeing one of those so-long-it-has-to-bend-in-the-middle city buses sliding down a hill in a V-configuration, plowing everything off to one side or the other back when I lived in Denver.

The annoying part is based on all the other tracking I've done, to deliver today, a package gets in to Austin the day before. Weather wasn't much of a problem there and then. I think somebody made the wrong call based on the weather forecast and never fixed it.

Latest posts

Back