Too cold in the shop

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lame?

A few years back my oldest boy asked for a snow board for his big holiday gift.
He did indeed receive it. A week later Dad was asked to go out and give it a go.
I don't have a video of that ride down the hillside, or the sudden uncontrolled
stop at thd bottom if the hill.
I DO still have the memories.
I never knew an old man could bend like that, and I hope it never happens to
me again!
:big:

Rick

We got some snow here in SW Louisiana, about three inches, only lasted a few hours, the last time we have seen that was in 1972, about the same amount, the next day it was 75, got the AC on day and the heater on the next week, could be worse, Hurricanes, some day my wife and I would love to go some where in the snow for a vacation, have fun say warm, Lathe Nut

Hey Rick,

Speaking of cold and snow. You and Punxsutawney Phil buried yet in all the snow that part of the contry is supposed to get?

It's snowing here in Rchester pretty good at 11:00AM.

Bernd

Bernd,
Punxy may be under snow by now! ;D
Here, about 30-40 miles East of the Groundhogs Lair we've been getting sleet for the last 2 1/2 hours.

Rick's probably diggin' out now.

Kevin

I feel lucky, I have the shop heater set to 50 deg. in winter, all I can afford to do. They sent us home early from work today, snow storm, there was almost 18" of it waiting for me in the driveway and it's still falling. Another storm due on Sunday and another on Tuesday. Usually we don't get much snow before Christmas, sorry the holiday season for you PC types. Actually I'm not sorry at all it's CHRISTMAS and I'm an atheist to boot, well more of a pagan devil worshiper but that just nit picking.

No snow here.
We did get some ice.

Not to worry, we have 2 months to thaw that groundhog out for
his big annual showing.
:big:

Rick

I was wearing shorts in the garage with the door open today. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 45'F (7'C for the non USAans) and drop below freezing.

Time to go load a batch of glass in the kiln and set it to melting. That'll keep the temps up.

Hey Guys,

Move to Oz ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

Best Regards
Bob

I have shoveled a small amount of snow in -30°C weather every morning this week. I would love to spend the winter in Oz but I can not afford the new airline baggage charge to take my tools with me.

It's waaay too cold this morning. Temp is 6F (-14C) outside, thermometer in the shop said 25F (-4C), at least the sun is warming up the shop a little. Can't stand but a few minutes before fingers start hurting.

It's them Canadians sending us all their used weather... ;D

I fired up the heater, hopefully it'll warm up some.

It was cold in the shop last night that cold that the mercury dropped that far it trapped a rat on the floor.........

I first got my radiant floor heat working last week. The following day we had a warm front come through with temps near 70F during the day, so no real test of the heating system. I did set the thermostat lower than the room temp. to test that it would shut off the pump.

Last night temps dropped into the 40s, but when I went into the shop this morning it was 65 inside. ;D I have reset the thermostat to 60, which seems to be a good comfortable working temp.

I do get a good bit of outside help in the morning as my shop windows face east to the rising sun.

We have about 24" of snow here and the temperature is hovering around -5F. My office and shop are cool because I haven't filled my hot tub this year. (The heating and pumping system for the upstairs hot tub is in the corner of my office, in a little room of its own, and normally it keeps my office/shop quite toasty). Instead, this year I have a micro furnace running when I'm using my office.

Yeah, it has been getting a bit on the chilly side here as well. The lows are threatening to go below 70 and the ocean's already dropped into the mid 70s.
Sheesh, I hate Winter! :big: :big: :big:

Best regards,

Kludge

-33F here this morning, heat wave tonight +6F :mad:

72 continuous hrs below Zero this week, 1 hr travel time to & from work for 3 days this week!

Oh well! I have my shop to hang out in this weekend! ;D

Hi Mike

Here in central mass it's going down to a comparitively balmy -6F tonight.
No laughing Kludge!...... ;D

Dave

We are in a deep freeze here for the area.
-5F this morning. My junk Chevy Tracker started up just fine but
the wife's new Jeep Liberty had to be towed to the repair garage
for a few cold weather adjustments.

Another case of you get what you pay for perhaps?

A simple import machine that cost $3000 compared to a complex
domestic machine that cost $17,000.

Wait a minute. That's not making sense...
Or IS IT?

Rick

Rick,

I hope the groundhog has his longjohns on tonight! -7F here and still dropping. Just came in from the shop, 50F in there; but the floor gets cold enough to make it uncomfortable standing in one spot for too long.

Kevin

Back