Thank you Canadians!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Thank you Canadian HP Brian and others for sending us this lovely weather.
While scientists warn of the effects of global warning the Philadelphia metro area and south Jersey is experiencing extreme low temperatures possibly breaking 100 plus year old records.
while the normal low is 25 F. (That is if there is a such a thing as normal temp in this area ) the national weather service is reporting - 6 this morning.That is recorded not predicted temp.
the record low for this date is 2 set in 1918 and the record low for the first week of Jan was set on Jan 3 1879.
Philadelphia airport is only reporting 4 degrees so the records may not be officially broken as the temp at ACY and PHL ar slightly higher than my local report. but it is cold.
Info from stormfax.com

So to all in the northeast stay safe stay warm .

And we also had some climate change scientists trapped in pack ice for the last week in the Antarctic, they had to get a chopper to get them out as the ship is still stuck in heave ice, two icebreakers could not get through to them. Where are those doomsayers that said the world was coming to an end due to climate warming, nowhere to be seen at the moment. The money wasted by governments for reports by these scientists is unbelievable.

Paul.

Tin Falcon, if you look up in the skies you will see what looks like vapor trails from planes but it is not they are spaying the skies to change the weather, if you get on u-tube there are some smart fellows that say they are helping the planet by spaying, down here in Louisiana, they have made the Hurricanes head to the east coast, yesterday started out with sun shine and by the time they got trough spraying all day a perfect grid the sun was able to be seen, we are going to see early winter much more cold and lasting way into the spring, do some research in this its scary and we are paying for it with your tax dollars, you all are going to think I am crazy now ?

Tin--- you can't say that we were hard on you by sending a tiny tiny -4
here close to Ottawa we spent the week with -28 and witht the wind
factor -40 :eek:
3 hr drive from here they hit -50 few days ago

Like Crocodile Dundee would say " -4 thats not cold -40 THAT"S COLD

next Christmas we will send some sun insteadRof}

Look at the weather over here ! The jet stream is bringing the UK cold, wet and windy conditions. We've been experiencing these now for nearly four weeks.

I don't like paddling in icey cold water...

I share your pain guys, I actually had to forgo shorts and wear long legged pants the last coupla days down here in Florida, dunno if I can hang on... :rolleyes:

Here in Wisconsin we are looking at -30F tomorrow night and only -17F for a high temp on Monday. Wind chill is expected to be around -50F. Sunday afternoon's Packer game will be around -12F at kickoff. Go Pack, Go!

The current temp in fargo ND is 7 deg F and only -6 here (-21c). It is colder here than in Fargo ND. Not a warm fuzzy feeling.
Tin

Hello
Here in Slovakia /Middle Europe /normal temperatures during December and
January are -20C to -25C and half meter thick snow layer.
But this year no snow , temperatures +8C even cherries begin to bloom.
Probably global warming starts here.

Yes, thank you Canada from West Michigan. Not nearly as cold here, but the lake effect snow is getting old.

Yet 2013 was the hottest year on record for Australia. Up in the north of South Australia in the Moomba gasfields the temperature was hovering around +50C. A pity we couldn't send you guys a bit of that heat.

Well this is joysey so a balmy 32, f 0 c this am. Tuesday night back to 3 f for the low again. Hard to know how to dress as the highs and lows can fluctuate 30 degrees from day to day.

Last night we bottomed out at 6 F and within an hour it warmed up to 12 F. No doubt records are being set! Rain is on the way. Behind that another very cold air mass! Time get out your cleats because it's going to be very icy!

34 in my area of Texas. Thanks Canada! I love most everything about you except the cold!

34 in my area of Texas. Thanks Canada! I love most everything about you except the cold!

Austin....... at my place this morning (8;00 AM) +3 with freezing rain
now -36C with wind shill factor

going to Vegas soon
cheers

I live on the coast of Maine. I had to get up early today and at 4:00 AM the outside temp was 47degrees F. Note that is not a misprint- it was +47F and pouring rain on top of our 2feet or so of snow. It stayed warm all day, lots of snow melted, and now the temp has started dropping, headed for near Zero tonight, in the teens tomorrow.

This has got to be the craziest winter I have seen.

Back