Thank you Canadians!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hilarious Canadian snowmobiling story.--Back about 35 years ago my friend Clarke had bought a really nice one piece snowmobile suit with a hood. Clarke had been into the beer in the afternoon, and while not tipsy, he was having a bit of trouble with diarrhea from the beer. About 12 of us went out on a night run, and as time went by, Clarke decided that he REALLY HAD TO GO!!!!! He had a big machine, far more powerful than the rest of us, so took off Hell for leather up the trail for about ten miles, leapt of his snowmobile, doffed his helmet, undone the top half of his suit and threw it back and squatted right there beside the trail and let it go. Of course, we all caught up to him before he was finished. We stopped and shut off our machines and all started to laugh. Clarke was quite indignant. "what's the matter with you guys!!! Didn't you ever see anybody take a crap before???"--Whereupon we answered--'Yes---But never into the hood of their snowmobile suit!!!"

5th day and 46 expected.Starting to get uncomfortable
as you say swifty shut the doors and windows
read a book and sit under the aircon.Just finished a Jack Reacher novel
Does stuff like that happen ? in the USA or is it too cold
On the beach with the dog at 7am and it was 93f

I have a weather station inside the house that receives signals from an outside transducer, I just placed the transducer in direct sunlight and the temp reading went up to 57.9C. The air temp outside is 39C at the moment, and with the evaporative air conditioning going flat out, the ambient temp inside the house is 27C. I'm not really a beach person, although we only live 1.5 kilometres from the bay, I don't know how people can sit on the beach in these temperatures .

Paul.

Im too old to sit on the beach.Just a dip and swim to cool off
more for the dog than me.The heat is now getting to me.Just had a cold shower
and the sweat is running off me again.Thats with the aircon on
Hottest city in the world today and thats official.If only we could have the ambiet temp
between us and the canadians

And another day in the 40s tomorrow for the hottest city on the planet :rant:

We are going for 38C in Canberra today but it is quite pleasant because we had a nice cool 13C overnight and the humidity is only 55%; it's the low humidity that makes the difference.

Jim

Now the fourth day over 40c in Melbourne. My wife says I should get aircon in the shed! I think she really means 'get out of my way in the house'.

Ian.

From a pome/limey living in oz heres an interesting fact
In the UK and i assume USA/Canada the water pipes are insulated
to prevent freezing.That is not necesarry here in Adelaide.Hot water is also
thermostatically controlled to prevent scalding.My house has a long run in uninsulated
copper pipe thru the roof space.Having installed airconditioning in roof spaces for many
years i Know that the temp up there can get over 70c.After being scalded many times
by the cold water supply i now know to run for 1min before touching never mind drinking
Last day todayexpected 43c then a wind/cool change and down to high 20c.Keep this
thread running lads its interesting what is classed as norm in other parts of the world

Thank you Tin for starting this thread,please keep it going.I find it very interesting hearing other members in different countries especially USA and Canada with your cold SNAP.Snow suits,skis etc and thats only to nip to the shop for bread and milk As you know we have just had a heatwave
and are now in the midst of another.Of late i have been putting a couple of hours in the shed early before it gets too hot.This morning i decided to do something
with a cheap $10 drill vise i have.No chance of drilling square etc.Stripped it down,the loose jaw had 1mm play and the screw 1mm backlash.Skimmed up surefaces,made and fitted new brass gib plate.Made new drive pin for screw etc
Then skimmed up os and is of jaws in Vertical slide.Jobs a good one.
Had lunch and temp is over 40c.Down the beach with the dog, sea temp over 30c. 50 people per mile.Then out tonight to the footy club for a few cold beers
and a game of poker. PERFECT DAY

Well, back in Muskegon Michigan we have been asked to only drive if it's absolutely necessary. We are 20" above our average of snowfall so far this year. All the extra snow has fallen in my driveway.

Whilst Marie Antoinette or whoever it is, is sipping coffee in bed, it is piss-instantly raining here on the Roman Wall( or what is left of it). The workshop- or whatever they call it is leaking rather like me and the news is cheerful. I turned Aunty Beeb on to read the next edition of teenage sex, abnormal behaviour and learnt that almost exactly 200 years ago( when I was a lad) the River Thames in London froze and people wandered about on it drinking gin and watching- would you credit it- an elephant walking on the ice.

Apart from my continued hatred of gin, things have improved substantially since.

So you'll excuse me. I have a bit of soldering to do. Perhaps the lead will kill me off- before Spring- or whatever the season might occur.

Two things emerge for those in colder climes! First beware of dogs frozen to lamp posts and don't eat yellow snow.

Bye

Norman, I think that you need a bit of tonic water and a slice of lemon in your gin to make it taste better. I'm about 12 hours drive east of Bazmak, and we are having it hot here as well. Just when I was thinking that it was safe to go back into the workshop, another heatwave. Just for a bit of excitement today, the neighbour had finished watering her garden this morning and placed the hose fitted with a trigger nozzle on the ground but didn't turn off the tap. Sure enough with the heat, the water in the hose warmed up and expanded and softened the hose, next thing the hose parted from the nozzle. I only found out about this when my garaged flooded, the neighbour is slightly higher up than me and I copped all the water. Vacuumed up as much as I could and opened the front and back garage doors to let the heat dry the rest up. No bad feelings though, especially when she fronted up with a nice bottle of Shiraz.

Paul.

Paul,thank you for that bit of something that the World usually lacks and so desperately needs- a good laugh!

Now I could just about manage a bottle of Shiraz- or two. Oddly, the habit is all down to model engineering. My wife plays clarinet and saxophone- not necessarily both at the same time, but goes down to a place which is or was a stately home. Out of pity, she booked me in for a week of 'airbrushing' models. Sadly, the course failed through lack of numbers and I was offered either to play the clarinet or winetasting. So the course started at 930 after breakfast with the sampling of 4 bottles, then a coffee break and then another 4 and to lunch( obviously) and so on into early evening. I really would be imagining things if I tried to recount the rest of-the week. Perhaps, the day will come when I will have to concentrate on airbrushing because
I scraped the best Audi recently. It was a bush which grew rapidly and sort of Triffid like on my drive which is on the Whisky trail on Speyside in Bonnie Scotland. It is just over the hill from where the Loch Ness Monster appears- or so they say.

I have hazy recollections of things.

Regards

N

Yesterday was a blizzard here. We had 23" of snow yesterday morning at 6:00 AM and it snowed another 5" yesterday thru the day. All the schoolbusses were cancelled. Many of the main highways were closed. We had our two school age grand daughters here all day because their mom and dad still had to go to work. I'm setting here at my computer this morning at 6:00 A.M. listening to radio--Snow squall warning for general area this morning, temp is currently -19C.--Brian

Wine ? If you like sweet stuff you have to try mead! Oh so delicious! Ive recently discovered the stuff on a trip to New Hampshire. Be warned though! It has a higher alcohol content and will hit you faster than expected. I would kill to get out of the cold and onto the beach. Those dog days of summer! I actually wish for snow here in CT, I love driving in the stuff. It play time for suby! Yesterday it was 32F/0C today its 10F/-12C

But next thing you know, here in the states we will complain that its too hot and will wish for winter! :rolleyes:

Hit 43C here this afternoon with more of the same on the way.

Now that's just mean to rub it in when most of us are in the 10-20F range.
It is funny is read so of this post because of all the different locations you get to laugh at the other guy. Keep them coming in the mean time I guess I'd better salt the walk so no one slips and falls.

Todd
shtf.gif

Latest posts

Back