Table saw

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
Well bit of an OT tool gloat. my son had to drive half way across the state to pick up a friend from the bus station.
On the way back he stopped by a yard sale being held by a guy we know. He was the foreman on a Habitat for humanity house project we worked on a few years back.
I have been wanting a table saw I do some woodwork and have an old house that need odd sizes pieces from time to time so not a bad tool to have. My son got a DEAL on this saw and picked it up for me.
DSCI0013-1.jpg

I think it should do
Tin

Glad you are happy with your "new tool." Is there such a thing as having too many tools? I use my table saw for storage or a work table more than I use it for it's intended purpose.

yea for $ 25 he had better have brought it home . I trained him well.
He had to take it apart to fit it in the trunk then reassemble when he got home.
Tin

Oh you made out on that deal!

Congratulations!

Dave

Not too long ago I sold the same saw and an old radial arm saw for 80$. After my Dad gave me a delta cabinet saw.

When you set the fence make sure you eye ball it (at least) down one of the relief grooves in the table for parallelism or slightly away from the blade. Or you could encounter a serious case of kick back. Use a splitter. The fence on that saw doesn't always lock down square.

Have fun!

For $25, your son did real good on that one.

A 10" contractor saw is a great thing to have. Wonder why he was selling?

Best,

Nelson

Doesn't look like he has found any suckers, err takers either at $165.00.

Some of the tool prices on Ebay are out of line. You can do ok, but you need to pay attention and be discriminating.

Nelson

Latest posts

Back