Such a beautiful Day !!!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldte

Reaction score
Hi All , Well it had been a frosty night but it was a lovely day as i entered the workshop , lit the fire and drank my cuppa and tried to think about what to do this fine morning . Decided to cut up some stock 5* 2 inch to a suitable size for a rear tool post , setup the bandsaw and away it went ,10 minutes later a call from err indoors "come and get your bacon butty "off i trot thinking straight in/out saw will be ok ( in your dreams) phone rang a quick call , I went out to the workshop smoke every where , Panic ! ! and thinking switch it off might save it , no chance .
Calmed down decided i had another motor so a quick change and we are rockin again (should have known better ) -- switched on going the wrong way.OK i will reverse it . Not reversible ; OH s***. Had a think , no other motor so have to make the best of it . Decided to mount it by inverting it 180 degrees on the other side of the normal motor bracket , dismantled the lot , had another think , made up a shaft with threaded ends about twice as long as the original,installed it in place and away we go " Can you give me a hand to move something dear" OK luv (not what i was thinking covered in blood and crap from my exploits ) 1 1/2 hrs later i carried on and finished the job --Some Days it Pays To Stay In Bed !!
regards
coldte

Not reversible??? Strange usually, with the exception of the "shaded pole" type motor, all motors are reversible.

Noitoen said:
Not reversible??? Strange usually, with the exception of the "shaded pole" type motor, all motors are reversible.
I appreciate that all motors may be reversible but some this one included only have two wires from the innards to the connector block , so unless i wanted to do major surgery ( i did not) to all intents it was not reversible at the time. regards coldte

sometimes its just better to stay in bed :fan: at least you got to finish so thats good :bow:

Latest posts

Back