storage and transport of model engines

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrsbrbnk

Reaction score
Have been trying to come up with a way to store and a way to transport various engine model engines built from say like 1/4 or 1/3 scale hit&miss casting kits. shelves in the living room had mixed response. the various bases don't help like skids or wheeled dollys or just a base board on some. the combination of weight and tippy-ness,plus the smelly gas in the tank and splashed lube are a problem too.

It is great smell for everyone.
My wife got new car and she did not like the smell around the new car.
So now I have insulated building for my shop 10x10. From Home Depot by time was finished it $1,800
The building kit cost about $600.

Dave

Have been trying to come up with a way to store and a way to transport various engine model engines built from say like 1/4 or 1/3 scale hit&miss casting kits. shelves in the living room had mixed response. the various bases don't help like skids or wheeled dollys or just a base board on some. the combination of weight and tippy-ness,plus the smelly gas in the tank and splashed lube are a problem too.

My engines live in and transport in boxes I made for them. Example of one of mine.
domestic.JPG

Back