Snow build by Joe

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bronson

Reaction score
I was just reading through some older posts because i just had my knee repaired and have been on the site for like 6 hours a day for four days now have learned a lot. I wanted to know if Joe got his snow engine running yet, it was a great build. :bow: :bow: Let us know if anybody has heard.

P.S. If your not done Joe i wasn't pushing just curious. ;D

Bronson

Thanks for the interest. I regret to say that it has not run yet.... I was out of town last summer from June through August
and upon my return I have found it hard to get back into it for more than a day or two at a stretch.
I am chasing the ever elusive compression leaks: new pistons, better fitting piston ring grooves, no joy so far.
Next up will be valves and cages. It is a bit tiring in that it takes a considerable amount of time to undo it all
and then re-assemble, when it starts to be a source of frustration instead of fun I let myself get sidetracked instead
of buggering it up.

I took this photo just now, it's the view from the door of my shop, as you can see, it's right there looking at me every time I go in!

100_3965.jpg

Cheers, Joe

Thanks Joe for the reply and best of luck in finishing it some time soon. Can wait to see the video of it running as i am sure you are to. Great build. :bow: :bow:

Glad to hear you're still pecking at it now and then, Joe. We all go into a stall now and then. When you get back to it, we'll still be here!

Dean

Latest posts

Back