Sinpo scales & DRO on LMS Hi-Torque mill

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harrzack

Reaction score
Greets to all!

Just completed adding a set of Sinpo glass scales and DRO to my Little Machine Shop 3960 mill (a deluxe X2). This may be considered a bit of overkill for a small machine like this - but the JCXF series scales are small enough to tuck right in and be almost un-noticed. And the DRO box itself isn't THAT big... ;)

I'm enclosing 2 overview pix here - and if interested you can see how I did the install on my site at

http://www.avrdev.net/dro-install-details/

=Alan R.

DRO Install (44 of 45).jpg

DRO Install (45 of 45).jpg

Very nice, Alan. I have the same LMS mill. That setup must've cost a pretty penny. :)

Todd

Very nice, Alan. I have the same LMS mill. That setup must've cost a pretty penny. :)

Todd

Todd - not so bad really. $500, and you would pay $200 for "ok" caliper-style scales, and only get the position info. And you would still have to go thru the mounting process... So I figured why not get the better scales, AND the cool DRO capability. Check my site for a link to the eBay seller.

nice setup.

better do something about that carpet though! metal chips will get permanently embedded in there.

Yeah - My most-used tool is the shop-vac, but the AL chips are getting ahead of me - they do tend to get tramped in. I do need to set up some swarf-guards around the machines as annoying as they are. I've also thought of just removing the carpet in this room... it is 10 yrs old... maybe put down a vinyl or something... :)

swarf and oil will fill the carpet before you know it.

Swarf is def getting ahead of me - but I generally cut dry - or just a tiny brush of WD-40 or such. But I really didn't quite have a good image of how bad the swarf would fly around... especially the AL.

Just completed adding a set of Sinpo glass scales and DRO to my Little Machine Shop 3960 mill ...and if interested you can see how I did the install on my site ...=Alan R.

Nice clean DRO installation. I bet you will enjoy having it installed.
Your web page is good too. Lots of useful info there about dealing with typical offshore machine 'kits' but looks like you have it all under control.

Latest posts

Back