S*N*O*W

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zeeprogrammer said:
And yeah...meals and drink...that's what it's all about...well..nearly...well...once you get to a certain age...

True that is. Now that food has replaced sex in my life I can't even get into my own pants...

the wife is baking cookings here also. The snow keeps coming NWS is talking a possible 2 feet before it is done.
snow3.jpg

Tin

Twmaster said:
True that is. Now that food has replaced sex in my life I can't even get into my own pants...

uh...whose pants are you getting into?

ok, my lack-of-basement woe is subsiding now. I had to turn up the heat on the way to the hardware store this afternoon... in a convertible.. with the top down :D

It's uncivil to live anywhere where water can exist in its solid state outside of a martini glass.

mklotz said:
It's uncivil to live anywhere where water can exist in its solid state outside of a martini glass.

I think so.... buggered if I know how they do it? Or why...... 8)

I've shoveled the driveway twice now. Broke the snow shovel.
Happy the son-in-law is here.
Never thought I'd say that. ;D

Here's a pic of the patio...and much of it has blown away...

IMG_4518.jpg

Not as bad as 1996 though...30+ inches.
Not as bad as others have had it....but I don't care ;D

Ron's right -- it's nice in Maine! ;D

Tin, it looks like you're getting hammered. As long as you can dig out in time for Cabin Fever....

Luckily we only got about 3 inches totaly today and another 3 predicted for tomorrow. I spent the first 4 hours working on the truck replacing a rotted steel break line.....

Then out to the tractor in late afternoon to clean my two drives and our 3/4 mile long private road....wasn't to cold anyway.

Looks like a miss here too Vernon....3-5" is the forcast now for today..

The Blizzard of 78' was fun...I remember my dad, a firefighter, sending me and brother out after the storm to dig out the fire hydrants in the neighborhood which were now buried in large drifts (30+ inches in our area...but 8+ foot drifts everywhere)

I remember digging down through a drift to find the street sign/post...because I knew the hydrant was a couple feet to the right....
;D
Good job for us "youngen's" .....then anyway.

Now......OZ is sounding oh so much better!

Dave

Here is a shot of my house in West Chester,PA

DSC00794.jpg

And the shop cat checking it out

DSC00796.jpg

Hehehe...

So, did the cat decide to check out the snow or did somebody 'suggest' it?

Thankfully it only took 3 hours to clear the walkways and dig the pickup out. We got 18" in the front yard.

Daughter and son-in-law came yesterday to weather out the storm.
The fool! He didn't really think he escaped shoveling did he?

The cat was looking out. So I made sure he got a front row seat.

Tell me I will forget
show me i may remember
Involve me and I will understand.
That cat aint going to forget!!!! I think he understands snow now.
Mine has been basking on the radiator all day.
I spent most of the day shoveling out in spite of tying to keep up with it yesterday . I was hoping some sort of truck would plow the alley . It didn't .Oh well managed to get the car out. waiting to see what the parking lot at work is like. probably another day of shoveling tomorrow. The shop is by the river so it may not be as bad we will see.
Tin

We received a total of only 6 inches here from the storm but it's COLD!

I know most of you saw this last year but it holds as true today.

cid_X_MA1_1231570329aol.jpg

Well now - It's been cold down here in South Texas too.... But that is a relative thing. Started out the day with a sweatshirt and before it was up I was driving with the window open. While you guys up the east coast got snow we got a bunch of rain. 1.5" inches standing in the front yard (think how much snow that would be...) Took 2 days for the yard to drain.

Was down to Matamoros Mexico for my weekly trip to the mission and once you get off the paved roads it got real muddy and the water holes were HUGE, so I guess a bit of water in the yard wasn't so bad after all.

I grew up in the lake effect snow area of wester New York so I have a pretty good Idea of what you all are dealing with. At least it hit on a weekend, A couple days to dig out without getting you all in trouble at work... Fub=nny thing - when you are at work they grouse about everything you do, miss a day because of weather and they grouse because you weren't there doing your job. Must be they don't know enough to quit drinking pickle juice on their cereal...

Keep Warm everbody and MERRY CHRISTMAS from South Texas

Latest posts

Back