S*N*O*W

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Falcon

Reaction score
South Jersey is getting the first winter storm of the season and it is a real winter storm, the predictions are for up to 20 inches before it is over. Have already been out shoveling and got the wife off to work .
Tin

Light snow accumulation here overnight, a little better than an inch, still falling and about another inch is forecast. Possible light snow the next several days. I do so much hate winters in the Mid West.

BC1
Jim

We've got 3 so far...calling for 10 to 14...that means it's either 5 or 28.

I would've been snug in my 'zee-pit' but kids are coming over to make cookies and stay the night...so out shoveling I've been. Wish they wouldn't bring the dog...normally okay...but it has no manners and we're going to have snow all over the furniture. I guess it's worth it...cookies.

You guys are going to have more snow than we've had up here in Rochester, NY for the season.

Sounds like that could shut everybody down in your area.

Would you like to purchase a plow? :hDe: Rof}

Bernd

I'm near Washington DC. We are getting clobbered. More than a foot on the ground already, still snowing like mad. The weather weenies say it will taper off about 6 PM....

I made sure I had coffee, food and enough metal to keep the shop busy. It's gonna be a long weekend.

We only have about 4 inches here so far.
Enough to make the roads interesting this morning.
I even managed to have the Jeep get a little sideways on my way to the
store in 4 wheel drive. I may have been pushing it just a little bit.

Give an old guy a Jeep and an untreated winter road, I suppose something
like that is bound to happen... ;)

Rick

10-14" where I am.....or at least that is the lie I'm hearing ....we'll find out soon enough ( Central Mass) Here its called a "Noreaster"

The Atlantic can play some funny tricks.....let ya know

Dave

Yup Helluva Nor'easter we got here.

Here's a photo off my front porch taken at 2:30 PM

snow.jpg

The weather weenies are now saying the 'blizzard' will taper off about 6PM. However it will snow all night and they expect another 6-10 inches. Of course this means the storm will either stop now or we'll get 4 feet of this crap.

Oh, how lucky can you be !!!
Could you send about a foot of that my way ( Western Oregon ).

Seriously, I'll take the snow any day over this wet sponge of air we have today.
It got down to 8F here last week and I was not as cold as at 33 with air so thick with moisture you breathe more water than air.

earl...

Hope every one that's gonna get hit fares well.

This morning "Honey" told me its going to miss us and start a dumping full force in P.A. (on Zee's house). Hope he's got enough metal to weather it out!

Not much happening here in N.E. Ohio. I had .0215" when I checked this morning.

My "picture guy" is also my "snow removal" guy, so......

Let it snow...let it snow...let it snow (singing). ;D

-MB

Here in West Chester,PA 12+ Inches so far and still snowing. Great day to be in the shop

Can't complain. Kids came over with granddaughter to weather it out.
They're making cookies with wife.
I've got two whiskey's in me. Warm and fuzzy.

Happy Holidays to everyone. The best to you and yours.

zee give me you address im on my way over :) I love fresh cookies

Here in Downeast Maine we have a nice sunny day, with a forecast to warm slightly, Nor'easters usually dump on us, but we are missing this one. OK by me, we will get our share before this winter is over.

But remember, in 2 more days the days start to get longer and the sun returns!

Hate to brag , but it is only 7:53 am.and already80f here ai sunny Coffs Harbour .N.S.W.,Australia.

Ian (seagar)

Don't trust him Dave.
He'll give you the wrong address.

Share my cookies? I don't think so.
I'll have a beer or a coffee...but not my homemade cookies!

I'll catch up with you. ;D

"down" east Maine. That's a good one. ;D

Trying to convince the family that we need another trip to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park. Had one of my best meals there.

Well..I think I'll wait for summer.

And yeah...meals and drink...that's what it's all about...well..nearly...well...once you get to a certain age...

seagar said:
Hate to brag , but it is only 7:53 am.and already80f here ai sunny Coffs Harbour .N.S.W.,Australia.

Ian (seagar)

Im with Ian, though we are several hundred km's apart.... snow? And this is.....?

Interesting story, recently in Thailand a waiter wanted to talk about S...N ..OW, thats how he pronounced it (he had been reading). The Thai have no word for snow, it simply doesnt exist... so I told him all about it...and that you shouldnt eat the yellow stuff..... he was fascinated that frozen water should fall from the air... things we take for granted.... :-\

Latest posts

Back