"Rushforth's" new spot light

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamer

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Just scored this off the "bay"....My son and I are going to clean her up and put her on the foredeck of my steamlaunch "Rushforth".....I think it's about a perfect fit.

spotlight.jpg

spotlight2.jpg

Thanks for the support "bubba"

My son and I are going to make it a joint project....get a little quality shop time in with my son...I think I'm as much excited about that as anything.

Dave

PS probably put an H4 halogen bulb in her....and polish the reflector.....

New Lights, New Chuck...................what's next..............a welder ;D

Best Regards
Bob

Maryak said:
New Lights, New Chuck...................what's next..............a welder ;D

Best Regards
Bob

An H4 halogen bulb.... ;D.....That's OK....now I need to create an electrical system on the boat to run all this! :fan: :wall: :big:

My son and I sparked up the spot light on the front porch last night...throws a nice beam once it's focused!

It needed the following

The front bezel screw was rusted solid, so I cut it and then drilled it out and chased the thread. A new SS screw solved that problem.

One of the wire contact blocks was missing, so I cranked up the lathe and made a new one and got to put my filing rest to work making it square which it did wonderfully!

A new cord was donated from remnants of the mill rewire with a judicious snip of a un-needed ground wire....it being DC and all.

Cleaned and polished everything with my Daughter at 4 am this past Saturday. We're morning people...

Next is a halogen bulb. I would have to modify it to put the T4 in but I can get a version of a T3 with a BP15D socket...which I got which puts out 800 lumens vs the 320 in a standard 1076 bulb...and it only doubles the current draw from 2.1 to 4 amps....still a pretty easy draw.

I suspect it will be "sun like"....we should have fun torturing the neighbors some night this week I suspect..... ;D

Dave

Latest posts

Back