Rotary table -Divider plates

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frankly, I cannot understand how anyone can 'do' engineering involving one liners in what has to be a correspondence course.

Sorry but I can't.

Goldstar, kudos to you for acknowledging your limitations. Frankly I'm with Cogsy. I cut my first spur gears by reading posts on this forum. First, a post here pointed me to a vendor that sold a set of 8 cutters for the price of 2 cutters from my usual vendors. Another post pointed me to Ivan Law's book which helped in setting up and cutting operations. Another post pointed to a youtube video showed a guy cutting the gear which answered even more questions.

Did a single "one liner" allow me to "do" engineering? Of course not. But a collection of them did. I read all my books the same way. One line at a time.

We appreciate your references to what I'm sure are excellent sources of technical information. They are noted.

Phil

Goldstar,
the goal of this forum is not try impressing the other
in telling fairy tail about us.

It's about helping other Hobbyist to achieve their goal without spending
4 years at the university to do so.

Their is some stuff you don't understand

HTML:
Frankly, I cannot understand how anyone can 'do' engineering involving one liners in what has to be a correspondence course. 

Sorry but I can't

all you have to do is ask and we will explain it to you , with out being to AGRESSIVE

Sadly, I was part of a generation which left school at 14 after what was 6 years of war and I wouldn't know what an entropy was- or what to do with it. I confess that I did make the odd model using a used razor blades sharpened on a bit of glass tumbler and a 6 penny drill from Woolworths. The shapes came from broken glass- culled from blitzed houses.

All things are relative and I did get to make a 'doodlebug' jet engine. It didn't explode like the German ones- but one can't do a lot with a 6 penny drill. I had enough problem getting a nice old fella to make me a needle valve on his battered old Myford that was too ropey to make munitions for it.

70 years or so later, I'm still using a mended old Myford! Keeps the grey matter that remains under the remaining grey stuff above it working. There's a bit of one hand working- from time to time- and I suppose that at 83 I'm solving most of my problems.

This is a hobby forum with members coming from diverse backgrounds and with diverse goals. Do not let this thread degenerate into personal attacks because someones way is not your way of doing things. Please let the current theme of this thread drop and get back to helping each other. That is the purpose of this forum. I do not like having to lock threads.
Gail in NM

Luc
Drop me your E-mail address. I'm not into these things which let all and sundry what one has. The world is not quite as honest as it was.

I have a little home in Spain. Had it a long time from it was about the same price as a basic Mini. A few tools in the shed. A garden hack or adze, a pair of shears, a few paint brushes, a 6 penny hand drill and electric hedge trimmer. It was broken into- and most gone or smashed. Two rusty garden chairs went last week. Canada may be honest- but Europe isn't.

So you have a valid reason. E-mail please.

Regards

Norman

Luc Drop me your E-mail address. I'm not into these things which let all and sundry what one has. The world is not quite as honest as it was. I have a little home in Spain. Had it a long time from it was about the same price as a basic Mini. A few tools in the shed. A garden hack or adze, a pair of shears, a few paint brushes, a 6 penny hand drill and electric hedge trimmer. It was broken into- and most gone or smashed. Two rusty garden chairs went last week. Canada may be honest- but Europe isn't. So you have a valid reason. E-mail please. Regards Norman

That is what gun control does for you. Petty crime in Europe is amazingly rampant as these bad actors have nothing to fear from the judicial system nor the home owner.

That is what gun control does for you. Petty crime in Europe is amazingly rampant as these bad actors have nothing to fear from the judicial system nor the home owner.

Initially, Sir, your comments are miles off topic. I was merely trying to advise that it not my habit or policy to compromise my way of life by posting pictures- of what is no more than a hobby.

I do, however, take great exception to the implied inference about your macho stuff and the Brits being - cissies. However, this forum is NOT the place for such-- Division.

Thank you- from someone that has a War Pension.

I am with Gail in NM, I don't like locking threads. However, this thread has degenerated into a soapbox that has no contribution to model engineering.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back