POWR-KRAFT (Logan) Lathe Info

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stan.

Thank you for the clarification on the model numbers, since I have owned this lathe I have done limited to little research on it, only at first did I get info I needed just to get me going and making chips. I actually belong to the Scot Logan group on Yahoo and I receive the emails daily just to keep my hand in on the group and read specific threads just of interest to me ( Scoot I suggest you join the group ) , one mod I will be doing is installing a QC box to increase my machines abilities.

Scoot

With reference to the clock making man, I am quite sore at myself for not taking pictures of this mans work and shop (I previewed the sale in his shop before it was moved to the sale house) I was there just for some marking out equipment and when the lathe come up no one wanted it so I snapped it up, but the real interest for people were this man’s Jigs, small tooling, metal stock ( brass bar, sheet, square stock and bolts and hardware) and of course the clocks that were made by him, apparently this man had quite a following in the clock making circles.

I cannot tell you what this guy specialized in as I have zero knowledge in clocks, all I can tell you is the jigs and fixtures plus handmade tooling were art in their own right! I got a sense this guy was a premium tool & die maker that got diverted into the tick tock game.

Anthony

Latest posts

Back