Power tapping without reversible drill press

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurent_parti

Reaction score
Hi all,

Tapping is a regular needed operation for us. If your drill press is like mine (unreversible spindle) there is an amazing device that is great for auto tapping. It needs some cares but is largely useful.
I put all informations inside this video:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pz71oam7X0[/ame]

Hope it can help you for tapping.

Laurent.

Great idea. Where do you get these tapping heads from ?

it's a common production shop tool but they can be pricey. very nice for doing volume work by hand. i'm sure the chinese have some that are affordable though.

They are frequently on eBay. I got my Tapmatic there. Get a name brand and parts (if needed) are readily available. Been using form taps with mine. No chips to bind things up.

I have 2 of these 1 for alloy i tap M8 with the small unit and the other will tap M8 to M20 I use this one to tap a 3/8th thread in a blind hole this is in 12.9 grade bolts .

Although i use a MT2 size drill it is right at the limit but it does do it, i really need a MT3 size drill that will be my next toy :)
these tappers are fantastic if you have lots to do .
Rob.

this reminds me of the tapping gun at work. works the same way but is in a hand held configuration.

Latest posts

Back