Plunket Jr. Build

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very Nice Steve :bow: :bow:

Best Regards
Bob

Thanks fellas

Jeroen, still got a bit to do on this. I need to make a water pump, radiator, fuel tank and of course a stand.

After that I'll endeavor to get stuck in to the skeleton clock I've been building. The next major engine project I want to tackle is a Duclous topsy turvy engine. The topsy turvy engine seems so interesting it's gonna be hard to put it off and work on my clock.

Cheers
Steve

Glad it worked out for you!

From what I have heard, the fuel level needs to be JUST below the fuel bar, and not by much.

Others may have a different opinion.

Glad your working on a clock! I am getting tooled up to do the same! ;D

Dave

I'm not sure about the carb you are running, but if it doesn't have a float and shut off needle, the top of the tank when full should be about 1/8" to 1/4" below the fuel outlet in the carburetor, otherwise it will flood itself as it runs and run rough. There is enough venturi effect in these small carburetors to lift the gasoline from the tank up to the carb, as long as it doesn't have to lift it too far.---Brian

Looks to be a great runner Steve, thanks for posting the video.

Regards,
Bill

hi steve , nice runner. i also used the jerry howell ignition on my powerhouse, and i ending up getting a small 6vt wet cell battery that is used in a small 4 wheeler, and now i can charge it. that ignition calls for at least 4amps to get a good spark. runs good now. i also build my fuel tank from copper tubing and mounted it horz. under the carb, and it draws fuel up just fine. good luck jonesie

Dave, thanks for the info about the fuel level and I look forward to hearing more about your clock. Hope it goes well!

Brian, Yes the carby is as you suppose. Based on what you and Dave say I'm going to try and make the fuel level about 1/4 inch below the spray bar.

Bill, thanks again for all your input

Jonesie, the ignition is working much better with the bigger battery. I'm using the newer coil from the Howell site, I imagine you are using the older and bigger exciter coil? Anyway things seem good now.

Thanks all for your input. One way or another it helps alot and I feel I now know how to move forward. For me, feeling confident that one is moving in the right direction is the main thing :p

Cheers
Steve

Back