Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByModel Engines1434020957.301046.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,112
I'll be watching along. I remember how stressful the crank was for me.

Love the layout dye, what do you use? I've always had trouble finding any over here.

I'll be watching along. I remember how stressful the crank was for me.

Love the layout dye, what do you use? I've always had trouble finding any over here.

This what I use not sure where you can get it, it was given to me by a friend how works in a machine shop years ago

IMG_5113.jpg

Hi Mike.

The latest post on crankshaft turning is very educational for me. I have shying away from turning one piece crankshaft from fear of failure. Looking forward to make the PeeWee 4 sometime later.

Crank looks great and I'll be really interested in how you make the flywheel, still yet to do that. Many things have got in the way of my build but I'm hoping to get a bit more done soon.

Edit: Cross post...I see you're already well on the way to finishing the flywheel.

I think the cam and crankshaft are 2 parts that give satisfaction when they are finished

I will need the modify the ends of my cam, The bearings supplied by Dirk both have an ID of .186, shouldn't be a problem I hope

On the rear the gear should be a press fit and then the cam goes back to the lathe to modify the gear to accept the bearing with a press fit. The id of the bearing should be about .001 smaller than the shaft. I think the rear bearing should be .250 x .625

Last edited:
Hi Michael

Your coming along nicely, you should be finished soon.
I have made numerous parts while here offshore Vietnam, I will post some pics once I get home, internet out here is to poor for uploading pictures.
Your parts are looking great, where did you purchase your gears?
I was going to get mine from WM Berg as per the drawings but they require a minimum $300 order

Dave

Latest posts

Back