Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Michael

Your coming along nicely, you should be finished soon.
I have made numerous parts while here offshore Vietnam, I will post some pics once I get home, internet out here is to poor for uploading pictures.
Your parts are looking great, where did you purchase your gears?
I was going to get mine from WM Berg as per the drawings but they require a minimum $300 order

Dave

Hi Dave

I got the gears with the castings from Dirk

I have a long way to go but its getting there

Look forward to seeing your pictures

Michael

On the rear the gear should be a press fit and then the cam goes back to the lathe to modify the gear to accept the bearing with a press fit. The id of the bearing should be about .001 smaller than the shaft. I think the rear bearing should be .250 x .625

Thanks for that Steve, I went to a bearing shop today and got 2 more bearings the correct size

I have the plans for your V8 and the blower (got them from minincastings)

Was wondering if you have any info on the build that would come in handy

Not starting another project until the peewee in finished though

Im not sure if I will tackle the V8 or Kinner 5 cylnder radial next

Michael

Hi Dave

I got the gears with the castings from Dirk

I have a long way to go but its getting there

Look forward to seeing your pictures

Michael
Thanks Michael

I will get hold of Dirk about the gears, I need to get hold of him anyway as I need a new block, Ive messed mine up:rant::mad:

Thanks for that Steve, I went to a bearing shop today and got 2 more bearings the correct size

I have the plans for your V8 and the blower (got them from minincastings)

Was wondering if you have any info on the build that would come in handy

Not starting another project until the peewee in finished though

Im not sure if I will tackle the V8 or Kinner 5 cylnder radial next

Michael

Nothing special. The v8 is alot like the peewee so it would be an easy move.

Be careful to check clearance for the tool. If the screws are too long you could run into trouble. Also i use a mini cutoff insert so i had to machine the corners of the fixture down on the right side. If you are going to use a standard hss cutoff blade none of this should be a problem

Be careful to check clearance for the tool. If the screws are too long you could run into trouble. Also i use a mini cutoff insert so i had to machine the corners of the fixture down on the right side. If you are going to use a standard hss cutoff blade none of this should be a problem

Thanks Steve I will check that out

Start with the pointer pointing at you at about 270 degrees. Work until you get to 90 degree and then do the switcharoo with the dial and needle. It doesn't matter where you start and stop. That way the pointer never contacts the center and there will only be one switch.

Very nice,

Hopefully I will get some time soon to post some pics and get some more machining done.

Latest posts

Back