Peewee V4

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice work Thm:Thm:Thm:
were do we get plans for this motor

cheers

Thanks Luc

Im not sure who is selling them now, the web page that Bob Shores was selling them through is no longer available, since Bob has passed away

You could try Dirk Tollenaar ([email protected]) he is selling the peewee V4, he might be able to point you in the right direction

Attachments

• IMG_5357.jpg
    IMG_5357.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 889
My Fordom(?) knockoff had a spinal run out of about 0.001. I made a spindle that I could attach the drive too and got that down to 0.0004. But finding a grinding tool that maintains that tolerance has been hard to find.

Sulfuric acid is not needed. The acid sold in powder form for use in swimming pools works just as well, and is much simpler to use. I had some sulfuric in my shop once and it rusted everything in sight. The pool acid worked fine on a couple parts I tried. My big problem was not getting the nice dark color I wanted. Like all shop processes it takes practice to get it good.

Reactions: gus
Sulfuric acid is not needed. The acid sold in powder form for use in swimming pools works just as well, and is much simpler to use. I had some sulfuric in my shop once and it rusted everything in sight. The pool acid worked fine on a couple parts I tried. My big problem was not getting the nice dark color I wanted. Like all shop processes it takes practice to get it good.

I have all the acid out side in a cupboard, so it won't affect anything in my work shop

Did you heat the dye, made thats the problem

I have a fish tank heater in the dye, if I want it to be darker I leave it in the dye for about 20 minutes

Michael,
A small playful dog works like the proverbial hole in the shop floor. Have to keep an eye on the little bugger when he is around small parts that drop on the floor.

Peter J.

DSC00443.JPG

Last edited:
I'm not sure I have a hole as such, more like a portal. I drop something and it enters the portal, impossible to find no matter how much searching I do. 3 months later it appears in plain sight, maybe even sitting in the middle of the bench...

Latest posts

Back