OZ Day

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maryak

Reaction score
Thunder Down Under.

Have a Great Australia Day.

Picture1.jpg

Best Regards
Bob

stevehuckss396 said:
I have never heard of it. Does the day mark something that happened, like thanksgiving or our 4th of July?

Happy A Day!!

Steve

Steve, it marks the day that the 1st fleet from the UK arrived in Australia, to start the colony of New South Wales, In Sydney Cove. This was 26 Jan 1788.

Since around 1988 It has also been called Invasion Day by some of our Indigenous population. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Well I spent the morning oiling my wooden decking which means I can't set my BBQ up on it tonight (un Australian I know ::) ) but it does mean my decking will be around for many more BBQs.

I can still go out and stand by it and look at it whilst having a beer later which will probably just about satisfy the OZ tradition.

Maryak said:
Steve, it marks the day that the 1st fleet from the UK arrived in Australia, to start the colony of New South Wales, In Sydney Cove. This was 26 Jan 1788.

Since around 1988 It has also been called Invasion Day by some of our Indigenous population. ::)

Best Regards
Bob

Of course, Cap'n Phillip didn't really come to start a colony - they came for the cricket and the bbq (and some say, the BEER!)

tel,

Beer? before they got here??

that my friend along with the stump jump'in plough

was finely crafted in a unique fashion in isolation from the rest of the world

to be the nectar that it is today

Oh! Happy Australia day folks

where ever you may be in the world

wishing you all some of your favourite brew
and a BarB ( Tmuir, mine used to hang off the gunnel for the boat or could clamp onto the stern plate or hand rail )

cheers

jack

how jack and friends do Australia day

a little worse for wear but still catching them.. a mate about 10 am this morning 12miles out to sea
PICT0007sm.jpg

Happy Australia day to all from this old Aussie in Coffs Harbour N.S.W Australia.(Gods country)

Ian..

Happy Australia Day all,
Did the BarB today for brunch, before the temp got above 30°C.
Just "ripped the scab of a coldie" and lurking on the forum while waiting to watch the fireworks on tv.
Cheers all
Phil

Just got back from a great evening on the foreshore at Matilda Bay (Perth) with the family and friends. The kids loved the fireworks.

Nice morwong Jack - wish I'd a bin there!

Alright - one of my Aussie cousins is going to have to explain this to the Canuck...

morwong (I assume it's the fish... :big:)

Garry

Many years ago i was invited fishing in the US of A
we went to Catalina Island and caught "sweet lip" there i think these are awful close to the Morwong family.

(very different from the Aussie sweet lip )

these are nice plate sized fish and we get them about 12 miles off the coast of Sydney

My sister who lives in Manitoba somewhere with her new hubby fish often and they say sweet lip is the US / Canuk version of Morwong ( which i think is a relation to the trevally ) fish names vary all over evern from state to state here... so maybe its similar in the US and CA

every Oz day we charter a boat and the OA members of the RSL ( RSL = VFW) all get together and we have a day out fishing then back in time for the fireworks and BBQ at the club, fresh fish, crabs ,prawns and lots of the golden drop. starting at 3 am its a big day but would not miss it for quids.

tel I am thinking ( with some other blokes ) about a once a month charter from woolongong harbour out to sea

to fish the shelf, ( snapper mowong nannigai red emperors sharks etc) if you want a seat let me know

12 seats on the boat only ( so we aint too crowed and dont sink the boat with the beer)

cheers

jack

You can count me in Jack, tho' it might have to be every other month for me. I love me outside fishin' and don't get much of a chance at it these days.

Latest posts

Back