Newby

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waynocp

Reaction score
Hello, all my name is Wayne from Aus, Sorry I don't have any model engines only stationary engines. Hornsby, Crossley etc.
I am trying to, replicate some parts I have been scanning and 3d printing them, then hope to get them cast in grey cast-iron I am no machinist.
Trying to find someone in Australia, to help or give hands-on and knowledge. Much appreciated Regards Wayne

Attachments

• 1000002389.jpg
    1000002389.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1000002388.jpg
    1000002388.jpg
    476.4 KB · Views: 0
Welcome, Wayne! I’m in the U.S. and primarily interested in machining topics rather than concentrating on engines, but see numerous Aussy YouTuber’s and also sellers (Gary at Eccentric Engineering, for example). I’m sure that if you reach out via their YouTube channel or website that they can help point you in the right direction.

Have fun!!

Charlie

Hello, all my name is Wayne from Aus, Sorry I don't have any model engines only stationary engines. Hornsby, Crossley etc.
I am trying to, replicate some parts I have been scanning and 3d printing them, then hope to get them cast in grey cast-iron I am no machinist.
Trying to find someone in Australia, to help or give hands-on and knowledge. Much appreciated Regards Wayne
Welcome to the group

Dave

Our member "100model", aka "luckygen1001", aka "Ironman", would be a good Australian connection for gray iron castings.
He is one of the best I have ever seen anywhere when it comes to gray iron.

Here is his video channel.

https://www.youtube.com/@luckygen1001/videos
Hello members thanks for the welcome, GreenTwin I found Luckygen1001 on YouTube and watched some of his videos, his videos lead me to HMEM He is very knowledgeable I am hoping to get in contact with him one day soon, and if he can shed some light on casting with 3d patterns etc... much appreciated.

You can send him a personal message (PM) here by clicking on his screen name, and use the "start conversation" button, if you would like to contact him that way.

I don't think he has continuous access to internet, but he is very helpful about sharing casting information.

Latest posts

Back