one from egypt

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omar khaled

Reaction score
hello ;D

my name is omar
my country is egypt ::)
i am 15 years old

i love mechanics
today i visited website modelenginenews.org

and discovered your world

i decided to build an engine

i have choosen boll aero 18

pls i tried alot to learn how to design an internal combustion engine
if any one of you have an experiance in designing engines
i am ready to learn

Welcome to the board Omar :). Engine design is a huge subject, if you follow along with the topics you will get plenty of ideas. Being 15 can we assume you will be building this motor at school or do you have access to some machinery. Have you had any experience in machining yet or are you starting from scratch?
Brock

Hi Omar, welcome and I'm glad you found us. Model engine designing and building is a great hobby that will help you in many ways. Get started with machining easy projects and your skills will grow. Before long you will be amazed at how things you once struggled with now seem easy. We all have gone through this learnng process so we can all relate. As for designing your own engine, there is a great sense of accomplishment in building your own design. Study the basics of engine operation and the use of materials. There are a few books available to help with engine design and I will post the titles if you like. Let us know what kind of IC engines interest you. Also let us know what machinery you have available to you.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and please post photos of your progress. My son started in my shop at age 10 and now he is 25 and is a good machinist. One thing to keep in mind is that safety is first and if it looks unsafe, it probably is. Dave

One of my favorite books: Gas, Gasoline, and Oil-Engines by Gardner D Hiscox
reprinted by Lindsay Publications Inc. Bradley, IL. 60915 USA

Hello Omar,

Model Engine Builder Magazine is a wonderful source for learning about model engine building. Beginning in Issue 21, there is an article covering the build of the "Humbug", a small model aircraft style engine, similar to the engine you mentioned above. The article explains in great detail, the machining steps for building the engine.

www.modelenginebuilder.com

Good luck and welcome to the group.

Regards,

Chuck

Omar,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome omar to a very addictive rewarding hobby

Hi Omar,
welcome to the forum, its great to see the younger generation taking an interest in model engineering. :bow: it makes a change from computer games or mobile phones, well done enjoy the modelling experience, you will find lots of willing help and information on here.

Back