No Magazine

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davyboy

Reaction score
Went to the big "chain" bookstore today to get the September Live Steam & Outdoor RR mag. ( I wanted the follow up on last month's mill engine plans. I got that mag on a visit to the 'city'. ) She says :"It's not on the computer, ??? are you sure of the title?" "Yes, I'm sure. Can you order it?" NO. It seems that the "corporation" decides what mags will be shipped to the stores. No special orders. "Well," says I, "I'm going to the locally owned FULL SERVICE book seller. THEY will help me out. And you can keep this here issue of HSM :mad: ." Well now I have neither magazine, because the other store doesn't carry either one. Maybe I can sneak in & out of the Big store without Customer 'No-service' lady looking at me :-[while I go back for the HSM mag. As for Live Steam, maybe my friends in the city will go get me the Live Steam mag. Yeah. I know, I should pony up the dough and have it delivered bi-monthly, but $$..... Maybe my twin brother (the good lookin' one ) could order the other one and then we can share.
Well, thanks for listening, it's kinda frustrating to get half of a build series and then miss the other. It hurts to even think about getting the May issue with the intro to the project. I'll get it together one day. RANT OFF

DB :)

The saga continues. I into the big chain bookstore today after work, to buy the HSM July issue. Got it, went to the car and the battery is DEAD. Fiddle around with it a bit, no wrenches on hand, no luck starting the car. Seems my karma is running bad this week. Let's see, wife is at home, 40 miles away, zero friends in inventory. Call the buddy at work, he gets done pretty soon. He comes over, his hood won't open. We finally get things going and I made it home, changed the battery and hopefully all is back on track. The HSM mag is really cool, can't wait for the next part of the plans for lever activated steam engine. After all this trouble it might be worth the $$ for subscription.....

DB

Just pay for the subscriptions :p ::)

It's cheaper that way anyway then the cover price. You waste more gas and time running into the bookstores. My HSM, MW, & LSORR all faithfully come to my mailbox. No batteries required.

I live in the middle of Los Angeles and don't think I've ever seen LSORR at the local big chains (Coupla different Barnes Nobles & Borders stores a few miles away).

Latest posts

Back