new to site

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikb

Reaction score
Hi from Bristol uk .This is the first internet group I've joined I have been a member of Bristol S.M.E.E for a few years and up until now I have been building stationary steam engines. I have jest finished my first IC engine a water cooled Redwing built from PM research castings. I have now started a Gardner 0 gas engine so if anyone else has built one I would be pleased to hear from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: gus
Greetings from a yank :) I'd love to see pictures of your Gardner project as it evolves.

And a hearty welcome from an Aussie. We love pictures:)

Welcome to the site. I'm just down the road from you (Westbury, Wiltshire)

Thanks for the welcome . I'll stick some photos up as soon as I get used to navigating around the site. At the moment The Gardner is only the base with flywheel fitted and the Red Wing is running with a car ignition lash up while I wait delivery of a buzz coil ignition.

Hi ikb and welcome to the forum

I'm even closer to you, just down the road in fact, Dursley, By Aussie or Canadian standards I'd be your next door neighbour.

I like your user name, very well known initials in Bristol. He knew a thing or two about Engineering.

Regards Mark

Reactions: gus
Hello, IKB and a warm welcome to the forum, I'd love to hear more about the Gardner O.
Stew

hi
this is a photo of the gardner engine which I have recently started .As you see there's a long way to go

gardner.jpg

Hi Darren
I'm probably closer than you think. I'm outside Bristol in Yate

We love horizontal engines & compressors. During my technical college days did lab reports on a Ruston Oil
Engine. Worked on Ingersoll-Rand ESH Horizontal Compresors. Was not given a chance to work Gas Compressor cum Natural Gas Engine------The IR Model KVS and KVH. These were sold to Indonesia to pump natural gas using same as fuel.

Hi ikb

Welcome to HMEM.
Do you have a name or ikb it is. It looks like you are off to a great on the Gardner; thanks for the picture and do keep up posted on it's progress.

Dave

Welcome! My wife and I were across the pond a few weeks back and attended a model show as guests of Forest Classics in the UK and it was great!

I was disappointed we weren't able to stay for the large Dorset steam festival but alas I had to come back to the states (Ohio) and go back to work.

IKB, Welcome to this forum. Great bunch of people, very helpful with about anything. larry

finally fitted the buzz coil ignition to the red wing ,now I can concentrate on the Gardner.

redwing.jpg

Back