Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebush

Reaction score
My name is Roger Bush I live in Naples,Fl. I'm new to metalworking and have alot to learn. Spent the last 37 years as a furniture and cabinet maker. So I have a healthy respect for tools and know how to layout work and measure. I have a Atlas 10x24 lathe I rebuilt. I came across a Monarch Model K-13 I couldn't pass up and I also have a Mill-rite milling machine. The reason for the tool (if I need one) is to make jigs and fixtures to work on my BMW motorcycles. Since I've always enjoyed hit and miss and steam engines the path to go down seems pretty apparent. Am thinking about starting with a kit that comes with all the parts and plans but I need to do all the machining and assembly. Went to the John-Tom plans website. A little intimidating. Wasn't sure what some of the notes on the drawing indicated. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated. Any members in the south half of Fl let me know. Roger

Welcome Roger. wEc1 Folks here can probably answer any questions you have about plans or building or tools. And you know we love pictures.

Regards,
Rudy

Tin Falcon: Thank for the link. That sure answered alot of questions. Roger

Welcome Roger. sounde like you are well on your way to a new addiction :big:

Glad to have you and feel free to ask any questions that come up.

Bill

Roger,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Back