New guy from Colorado, USA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisinestes

Reaction score
I thought I'd been here before and introduced myself, but I can't find that post, so maybe I didn't. So, here I am (again maybe).

I'm new to metal work and I've yet to build my first model engine.

I recently bought a lightly used 1993 ENCO 13" x 40" metal lathe, and a more used but still in good shape 1960's US Machine Tool Company Millrite vertical mill. Hopefully the Chinese lathe doesn't get me burned at the stake, run out of town, or taken to the Hangin Tree. I had to start somewhere, and couldn't pass these 2 machines up.

I'm a custom sign maker, and have shop full of wood working tools, which includes a CNC router table with a 4' x 8' bed, about 4" of Z axis travel, and a 5 hp spindle. I've done a little machining of aluminum with my CNC router, so that, and my familiarity with lots of other tools will help me out on my journey into metal working.

I have several full scale antique engines, and have wanted to get into model engines for quite a while. I'm stuck limping around on crutches, so I haven't even been able to get the mill & lathe leveled up and plugged in yet.

Well, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

Chris

Welcome Chris.

I'm still trying to decide myself which of the many engine projects I want to tackle for my first build post here at HMEM. I look forward to following your first build if you post one.
John

Thanks john,

I've got some learning to do before I start an engine build, but I'm excited about getting into it, so it won't be too long. I'll start a build thread on whatever I decide to go with. I'm sure it'll be mostly questions.

Chris

Welcome Chris, I'm sure that members would like to see some pictures of your full size engines, I sure would.

Paul.

Latest posts

Back