New Forum at www.jerry-howell.com

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahowell

Reaction score
Greetings all machinist/hobbyist,

We have added a user forum to Dad's web site. The link is near the top of the home page. It is our hope that it will enhance your experience with the engines/projects that were designed by Dad. As you may/may not know, Jerry passed away in late August '09 quite unexpectedly, and nobody will be able to fill the void left by him, yet we want to continue his legacy by continuing his business, which was his passion. Although us kids have always had a casual interest in Dad's engines and gadgets, we know little of machining or details of this hobby, and thus we are asking for your support by participating in the forum.

So, if you have or are currently building any of Dad's projects and if you have any specific questions, please post it. If you have successfully built one of Dad's projects, please check the forum occasionally and offer assistance if you can. If you have any building/operating tips or tricks, please post them. If you have any photos, please post them as well.

Thank you for your participation!

Allen Howell
Roger Howell
Sherry Hogg

Allen,Roger, Sherry:
First of all welcome to this forum.
Thank you for continuing your fathers work and legacy. I would encourage each of you to learn as much about machining and building your dads engines as you can. I know we all have busy lives. An artist is know by his works study his works.
Although my wife and son do not have the same passion as I do for model engines my wife and son have both built simple osculating
engines of there own design that reflect there personality.
I have had the opportunity to meet and talk to your dad at the cabin fever show.
Do you plan on having the Jerry Howell engine booth at cabin fever and other shows ?
Pop in once in a while and say hello and remind us of your dads great work.
Tin Falcon

Tin Falcon,

I just don't have the patience to work and machine small parts. I like to build larger things like boats, houses and outbuildings! However, my son has an interest in this hobby, so hopefully he can assist me and carry the torch started by Dad someday.

Yes, I do want to attend some shows in the future. I doubt I'll be ready for Cabin Fever this year, but if I can catch my breath before April, I hope to make it to the N.A.M.E.S show in Detroit.

Regards,
Allen

I just don't have the patience to work and machine small parts.
As you can Allan even just reading an videos can give you an understanding or familiarity.
Tin

Latest posts

Back