Model size "scissor jack build"

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobby

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm trying to build a model size "scissor jack" . For the fun of it.
If it's strong enough I could use it as a screwjack for my mini machines.

Here is a video of it:

https://youtu.be/Whk4FBrNd5k

enjoy.

Hi guys, this is the next video in this build series, I have to break this down into 3 separate short videos, for time constraints, so this is video #2 of 4, the next video is done, it just needs to be made into a movie, and the last video still needs to be made, as I have not yet finished this project, I need to make the leadscrew and crank handle, that will be the last video, then this WIP. will be completed.

part 2 of 4:

https://youtu.be/ZqNa8Nb_CIY

part 3 coming soon!

Hi everyone, for those who are still following along in this series, here is the next installment, part 3 of 4,

In this video I'm doing all the decorative detailing, to take this from being just a utility tool, to a level of being a display model to add to my model collection.

here's how it was made

https://youtu.be/wHmQ-oYV_qM

pic 1.jpg

Hobby,

I am not trying to piddle on your parade, but build posts just made up from youtube movies and music don't seem to attract much attention, mainly because of three major problems.

The first is that people need to watch the full set of four before they can glean what is really happening, and in your case, most probably over an hour of watching time. A rather long time if you are not really interested in the subject, but hope to learn something that can be used elsewhere.

This gets onto the second issue. People want to learn from your post, and by doing it the way you have, they cannot ask intermediate questions about what you are doing, such as what type of layout fluid, type of machine and cutters you are using etc, etc. or maybe suggesting a better way for you to carry out a certain machining operation.

The third issue is that because there is no voice over, then a lot of people, especially beginners, won't have a clue about what you are doing, except that it is a model scissor jack.

John

Although i agree with John in the previous post, as a novice i did pick up a few useful tips in this build.

Hi John: I agree,

My intention of sharing these videos, was mainly for the entertainment of watching some machining being done and a project being made from scratch. I never thought about it as for sharing tips and tricks, and the like. That is the very reason I would not post these videos in a WIP forum.

But as Herbiev said that he was able to pick up some useful tips, has made me realize that we on this forum are very interested in learning about homeshop machining, the entertainment is fine, but there is the wanting to learn from posts as well.

Please if anyone has any questions, or suggestions on things seen in the videos, please feel free to post in here, as in any other post, I'll gladly share details or I'm open for suggestions, in these project builds.

John, thankyou for replying, I don't take it as "piddling on my parade", but as good advise to help me share content on this forum, that people would really like to see posted.

Have fun in the shop...

Latest posts

Back